If you are a single mother living in the United States and you are stuck in a financial crisis, there are various ways in which the government aims to assist you. On this page we’ll be sharing the details of bankruptcy assistance program available to single mothers.
Unemployment Insurance Program
The Unemployment Insurance Program operates through the help of American Job Centers, and ensures that single mothers have the opportunity to claim cash back if they have lost their jobs due to no fault of their own. You can claim an unemployment claim by contacting the Department of Labor’s Call Center at 1-877-889-5627. Visit the website link for more information.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you are unable to resolve your debt problems, the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy clause may be an option to consider. This act is also known as liquidation bankruptcy, but it has no repayment plan. The Chapter 7 act sees your assets (that are not protected by law) being sold in order to help pay off your debts. If you need more information or would like to apply for the act, you can get in touch with America’s Debt Help Organization at 888-505-2105. Visit the website link for more information.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Much like the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy act, Chapter 13 is a bankruptcy program offers by the federal law, in order to help those that cannot repay their debts. Single mothers can apply for the program if they can provide details on how they will be able to repay their loans within 3 to five years. This is sometimes referred to as the Wage Earner’s Plan. Call the Debt Help Organization at 888-505-2105 if you would like to get more information on this program or if you need help with applying for benefits. Visit the website link for more information.
Local governments offer Medical Bankruptcy programs in order to help low-income families pay off their medical bills. Single mothers that do not have the funds to pay for medical bills can apply to see if they are eligible for benefits. You can do this by contacting your local Bankruptcy Court Clerk’s Office. Visit the website link for more information.
Bankruptcy Counseling & Education
GreenPath is a nonprofit organization that offers free bankruptcy and debt counseling sessions. They can help you determine whether you need to file for bankruptcy in order to solve your debt problems. Single mothers that need help with figuring out a way to manage and repay their debts should contact the GreenPath Office at 800-550-1961. Visit the website link for more information.
Consolidating your debts means that you merge all of your loans into one balance in order to make it more affordable to pay down. Debt consolidation can also help bring down interest rates, which makes paying your debt more manageable. You’ll have the option of going with a secured or unsecured loan. Secured loans can be done for assets like your house or car, while unsecured loans revolve around your credit history, and are not tied to your assets as collateral. To get more information on your options or to apply for debt consolidation, you can contact the Lending Tree Customer Care Line at 800-813-4620. Visit the website link for more information.
We hope that this bankruptcy assistance information has helped single mothers to realize that there are ways that they can manage, and possibly afford to repay their debt.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers