Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Education Grants for Single Mothers

Single mothers looking for financial assistance to help with the cost of education expenses may be eligible to apply for local-or-government funded assistance programs. On this page we’ll be covering some of the main educational grants that are available to you.

Upward Bound Math and Science Program

As its name implies, the Upward Bound Math and Science grant aims to assist students with improving on their math and science skills. Counseling and advisement, summer math and science training programs, and computer training are some of the program services that are on offer with the grant. You can get in touch with the U.S. Department of Education by calling the office at 202-453-7425 to enroll your child in the program. Visit the website link for more information.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant

The TEACH grant can offer eligible students that wish to become teachers with financial assistance of up to $4,000 per year, if they meet program requirements. Students that benefit from the grant must then “repay” the assistance by teaching at educational institutions that serve low-income children, where they will teach in a field of high-need. You can consult with the university or college that your child is enrolled at to see if they participate in the TEACH Grant Program. Any queries can be directed to the Federal Student Aid by contacting them on 1-800-433-3243. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

National Security Language Initiative for Youth

NSLI-Y is a scholarship program that provided needy students with the means to afford the opportunity of studying language in another country. Scholarships for languages such as Mandarin, Arabic, Korean, and Russian, among a few others, are available to students that meet program requirements. You can call the American Councils for International Education at 866-790-2086 if you have any queries or would like to verify eligibility before starting the enrollment process. Visit the website link for more information.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

With the aim of helping postsecondary students fund their higher education costs, the FSEOG Program assists low-income students by making funds available to a wide range of universities and colleges across the United States. To apply for financial assistance, you should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form, but you can get in touch with the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 if you have any queries. Visit the website link for more information.

Federal Pell Grant Program

The U.S. Department of Education administers the Federal Pell Grant, a program which provides low-income postsecondary students with increased access to higher education. There are roughly 5,400 postsecondary institutions that partake in the program, so you may enquire with your child’s university or college to see if they can assist you with your application. Alternatively, if you need more information you can also call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243. Visit the website link for more information.

Cal Grant Program

Single mothers living in California can check to see if their child is eligible for the Cal Grant program, a tuition assistance program that can help cover the costs of postsecondary education. To learn more about the program details you can contact the CA Grant Hotline at 888-224-7268. Visit the website link for more information.

Education Support Award

The Education Support Award is funded by the Patsy Takemoto Education Foundation, and it’s a program that assists single mothers by providing them with awards of up to $5,000 in order to help them pay for their children’s education or training expenses. To see if you qualify to enroll your children, you can submit an online application. Visit the website link for more information.

P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education

As a needs-based grant program, the P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education provides single mothers with a once-off cash assistance service which can help them finish their higher education. If you have a need to complete your degree or qualification and you are on a limited income, you can contact the P.E.O. International Head Quarters at 515-255-3153 to start your application process. Visit the website link for more information.

Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards

What used to be known as the Women’s Opportunity Awards is now referred to as the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards. The program focusses on providing single mothers with resources needed to help them improve their skills, education, or employment opportunities. Awards range between $3,000 and $10,000, depending on your needs and current situation. Contact the Soroptimist Office at 215-893-5200 to verify eligibility or to apply for assistance. Visit the website link for more information.

Capture The Dream

Capture The Dream, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that provides two kinds of scholarships in order to help low income families cover the cost of higher education. Their Single Parent Scholarship provides single mothers with a once off $1,000 award, while the George Geng-On Lee Minorities in Leadership Scholarship awards up to $1,000 per student, if applicants meet program requirements. For details on how to apply for assistance, call the General Enquiries Line at 510-343-3635. Visit the website link for more information.

We hope that this page has helped single mothers to realize where and how they can apply to receive assistance with the cost of higher education fees.

Sponsored links