Financial aid should be a right for single mothers everywhere. You have bills to pay, a family to raise, and obligations outside of the house. Find out how the government and your local community can help.
Salvation Army Family Service Programs
Salvation Army Family Service Programs offers financial assistance to single mothers for rent, utilities, transportation, clothing or household items. Make an appointment by calling (608) 782-6126 or visit the social services office. Visit the website link for more information and to find a center near you.
Catholic Charities – Building Financial Security Program
Catholic Charities USA has a financial security program for low-income individuals who qualify. They receive financial counseling, tax assistance and job training. Contact the organization at (703) 549-1390 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website link for more information and to find an agency near you.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Catholic Charities – Sheltering those In Need
Catholic Charities provide emergency shelters to single mothers and their needy families. Safe, affordable housing is provided to the homeless, the disabled, the unemployed, and victims of domestic violence. Visit the website link for more information and to find a center near you.
St. Vincent de Paul – Helping the Working Poor program
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul has a program to help Arizona’s working poor. Single mothers receive access to job training and personalized attention from a case manager. Visit the website link for more information or call (602) 266-4673.
United Way Income Programs
United Way Income Programs place emphasis on job training and financial counseling. Contact a United Way center in your area and ask about financial aid services. Visit the website link for more information.
Rural Rental Assistance Program
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has rural rental assistance for low-income renters. The program provides funds to owners of USDA-funded rural or farm labor housing units. Find a rural development office near you to apply, and visit the website link for more information.
American Red Cross Utility Bill Assistance
American Red Cross has utility bill assistance to help low-income households during the winter months. Apply to receive an annual emergency grant for a maximum of $600. Call to make an appointment at (585) 241-4474. Visit the website link for more information.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program helps to feed local families. Services for food, sheltering and rent or utility assistance are provided. Send an email or call United Way at (703) 706-9660 to learn more. Visit the website link for more information.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
The Workforce Investment Act (WIA) is a federal program that provides job training services for low-income people. Young adults and dislocated workers receive assistance to find employment. Enroll in a job assistance program that is sponsored and funded by WIA. Visit the website link for more information or call 1-866-487-2365.
Child Support Enforcement
The Office of Child Support Enforcement oversees the child support services in your state. Legally, you should be able to obtain child support funds from your spouse or partner. Visit the website link for more information and contact a child support agency near you.
Make your life easier as the sole provider for your family. Find out how you can get state and federal assistance for single-head households.