This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Financial Aid for Single Mothers

Sponsored links

Financial aid should be a right for single mothers everywhere. You have bills to pay, a family to raise, and obligations outside of the house. Find out how the government and your local community can help.

Salvation Army Family Service Programs

Salvation Army Family Service Programs offers financial assistance to single mothers for rent, utilities, transportation, clothing or household items. Make an appointment by calling (608) 782-6126 or visit the social services office. Visit the website link for more information and to find a center near you.

Catholic Charities – Building Financial Security Program

Catholic Charities USA has a financial security program for low-income individuals who qualify. They receive financial counseling, tax assistance and job training. Contact the organization at (703) 549-1390 or info@catholiccharitiesusa.org. Visit the website link for more information and to find an agency near you.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Catholic Charities – Sheltering those In Need

Catholic Charities provide emergency shelters to single mothers and their needy families. Safe, affordable housing is provided to the homeless, the disabled, the unemployed, and victims of domestic violence. Visit the website link for more information and to find a center near you.

St. Vincent de Paul – Helping the Working Poor program

The Society of St. Vincent de Paul has a program to help Arizona’s working poor. Single mothers receive access to job training and personalized attention from a case manager. Visit the website link for more information or call (602) 266-4673.

United Way Income Programs

United Way Income Programs place emphasis on job training and financial counseling. Contact a United Way center in your area and ask about financial aid services. Visit the website link for more information.

Rural Rental Assistance Program

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has rural rental assistance for low-income renters. The program provides funds to owners of USDA-funded rural or farm labor housing units. Find a rural development office near you to apply, and visit the website link for more information.

American Red Cross Utility Bill Assistance

American Red Cross has utility bill assistance to help low-income households during the winter months. Apply to receive an annual emergency grant for a maximum of $600. Call to make an appointment at (585) 241-4474. Visit the website link for more information.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

The Emergency Food and Shelter Program helps to feed local families. Services for food, sheltering and rent or utility assistance are provided. Send an email or call United Way at (703) 706-9660 to learn more. Visit the website link for more information.

Workforce Investment Act (WIA)

The Workforce Investment Act (WIA) is a federal program that provides job training services for low-income people. Young adults and dislocated workers receive assistance to find employment. Enroll in a job assistance program that is sponsored and funded by WIA. Visit the website link for more information or call 1-866-487-2365.

Child Support Enforcement

The Office of Child Support Enforcement oversees the child support services in your state. Legally, you should be able to obtain child support funds from your spouse or partner. Visit the website link for more information and contact a child support agency near you.

Make your life easier as the sole provider for your family. Find out how you can get state and federal assistance for single-head households.

++ Also read