If you are a senior living in the U.S. and are having trouble paying your bills, here are several financial assistance programs that can help.
Help with Food
The Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program gives out vouchers to seniors to use at roadside stands, farmer’s markets, and other approved locations to purchase foods like fruits, vegetables, honey, and herbs. This is so that seniors can get the nutrition they need when they would not be able to afford it otherwise. Contact your local Human Development agency to learn more.
Help with Shelter and Housing
HUD provides federal funds to seniors that need help paying a mortgage, rent, or refinancing their home. They also provide public housing, section 8 vouchers, and rental assistance. An application must be filled out through their local Human Development agency. General information may be found by calling (800) 955-2232.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Energy and Utilities
LIHEAP is a program that was created by the federal government to assist seniors and other low-income families with their heating and cooling costs across the country. There are funds available in every state. Help can be found by calling 1 (866) 674-6327.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline is a program for seniors that was created to allow those having trouble keeping their phone services connected a way to have service at low to no cost. The program was updated in 2016 to also include internet services. There are a variety of services and providers located throughout the country. Details can be discovered by calling 1 (888) 225-5322.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) works with Medicare and Medicaid to help seniors get their healthcare requirements met. They provide services in the individual’s home, throughout the community, and at various PACE centers. Applications can be found at your local Medicaid office.
Help with Legal Matters
The National Legal Resource Center is a central location where providers, advocates, and seniors can join to provide and find the help they need in any legal situation. The organization works to match the elder population with legal aid in their area.
Help with Financial Counseling
AARP is a group that provides free financial counseling to their senior members. They can offer details on retirement, tax credits, investments, and more. They can be reached nationwide by calling 1 (877) 434-7598.
Administration on Aging (AoA) is an organization that helps seniors in 30 states with their financial inquiries. They work to make certain the elderly are fully informed on the decisions that they are making in relation to their personal funds. Contact them at (202) 401-4634 for more information.
Help From Other Groups
There is an abundance of help out there for seniors that can be uncovered. Support groups for heart disease, smoking cessation, radiation therapy support, vision loss, and more can all be obtained. Visit each of these sites to find out more.
If you are a senior and you need help, or you know a senior struggling, get in contact with one of these groups.