The Salvation Army offers a wide range of outreach programs that aim to assist low-income individuals and less-fortunate members of communities across America. Below we’ll cover what they do and how you may be able to find single mother assistance from them.
The Salvation Army’s Mission
As an international organization, the Salvation Army operates as part of the Christian Church. Their faith-based outreach programs assist those in need, regardless of race or religion.
Help Provided by the Salvation Army
The Salvation Army provides assistance programs such as:
- Hunger Relief
Thanks to efforts like Salvation Army meal programs, soup kitchens, mobile meals, community gardens and food pantries, the organization serves roughly 60 million meals to those who need it most. Your local Salvation Army Community Center will be able to advise you on which hunger relief programs are run in specific locations.
- Energy Assistance for single moms
Local Salvation Army outreaches provide energy assistance for single mothers based on the needs of the community. This assistance may come in the form of help with a utility bill, water service bill assistance, and electric service bill assistance.
- Disaster Relief
The Salvation Army provides emergency protocol training, emergency food services, emotional and spiritual counseling for disaster victims, emergency social services, the collection and distribution of donated items for disaster relief, and a recovery program for victims of disaster.
- Housing Services for single parents
The Salvation Army can assist single moms in need with transitional housing, emergency shelters, group homes, and temporary lodging. They also offer a wide range of social assistance programs for homeless individuals, families, and members of the youth.
- Adult Rehabilitation
Adult Rehabilitation Centers and Harbor Light programs offered by the Salvation Army are aimed at assisting the needy with social, emotional, and spiritual counseling. The centers also provide housing, employment opportunities, and therapy for those in need.
Aside from their standard outreach programs, the Salvation Army offers various seasonal assistance programs such as:
- Back to School Assistance for single mothers
The Salvation Army helps children and families that need to head back to school. The assistance program aims at providing school supplies, clothing, and backpacks to children that need it most, ranging from children aged 3 to 16 years of age.
- Holiday Meals
The Salvation Army’s Holiday Meals Program provides nutritious foods to less-fortunate community members during the holiday season. Foods are also distributed in hospitals and nursing homes, while most shelters are open for needy persons looking for a sit-down meal.
- Angel Tree
The Angle Tree Program provided by the Salvation Army aims at providing new clothes and toys for needy children. Angel Trees are set up in local communities and have tags on them for the local children that need presents for Christmas. Individuals that contribute to the program then take the tags off the tree and purchase appropriate gifts for the child listed on the tag.
Other Programs for single mothers
In the aim of raising funds for the Salvation Army and its assistance programs, the organization runs a variety of other programs that essentially give back to the community.
- Thrift Stores
Proceeds from products and goods sold at Salvation Army Thrift Stores or Family Stores are used to run their Centers for Adult Rehabilitation.
- Employment Assistance for single parents
The Salvation Army also runs EAP services where they provide counseling for unemployed individuals. These services may include work/life balance counseling, stress or depression counseling, trauma counseling, and workplace conflict resolutions among others. The Salvos EAP services can be contacted on 1300-734-603
There are quite a few ways in which the Salvation Army can assist American citizens with their outreach programs. If you are in need, you can head over to their website to find the locations near you.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers