Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Alabama

Single mothers are hardworking, caring, and devoted to their families. However, sometimes it can be difficult to make ends meet and achieve the things you would like to achieve. This is where grants can be helpful and there are several available to single mothers who live in Alabama.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition program that helps families of single mothers. Qualified recipients are women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have children that are five years old or younger.

You have to meet the qualifications and get approval from a WIC clinic near you. For more questions about the program, call 1-800-252-1818. To get started, contact the closest county health department in your area.

Unemployment Compensation (UC)

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Learn how you can get unemployment compensation through the Alabama Department of Labor. If you have children, you should be able to receive benefits if you qualify.

The Unemployment Compensation (UC) office can be reached at (334) 242-8025. File a claim on the department’s website or call 1-866-234-5382.

ALL Kids

ALL Kids is a Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that is affordable for single mothers. Children can visit the doctor’s office, dentist’s office, and get vision checkups all at low costs. Apply online or print out an application.

If you have questions, call 1-888-373-Kids (5437) or contact your local county health department.

Education Support Award

Grants are provided to low-income mothers who are trying to become financially stable. Each year, the Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation gives out five awards of $5,000 to qualifying families who need education support. On their website, learn more about the awards and download the 2016 application.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

In Alabama, find several grant programs available to eligible students. The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is given to those with the greatest financial need.

At the University of Alabama, contact the Student Financial Aid office by phone at 1-205-348-6756 or 1-855-469-2262.

Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grant is given on a first come, first serve basis to single mothers in need of educational assistance. Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) determines the total amount of money you get.

Call (334) 844-4634 to learn more through the Student Financial Aid office at Auburn University. First, you have to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and see if you qualify.

Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP)

Alabama has a Student Assistance Program (ASAP) that helps student mothers. The amount of need varies from $300 to $5,000 each year.

Call the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE) at (334) 242-2273 for assistance.

Alabama Family Assistance Program

The state of Alabama has a Family Assistance Division that provides temporary cash assistance and job training. Receive assistance by applying for The Family Assistance Program and/or the JOBS program. Download and fill out your Family Assistance application online.

Contact the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) by email or call (334) 242-1773 or (334) 242-1950.

Alabama Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

DHR has a Food Assistance Division that distributes the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). You must qualify based on income and family size. Then, you can apply online or mail in the application. You can also fax it or drop it off in person.

To find the DHR county office near you, visit the DHR website. Email the Food Assistance Program or call them at (334) 242-1700.

Child Care Subsidy

The state of Alabama can provide subsidized child care funds through the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF). Check the eligibility requirements and download an application on the DHR site.

Call 1-866-528-1694 or (334) 242-1425 to ask about the program or send an email to for more information.

Single mothers can often use a few good pushes in the right direction. If you are a single mother in need, look into these grants and resources to see if they can help.

Sponsored links