Colorado has several financial, educational, and health-related resources for low-income single mothers. The following programs are available to help single mothers and their families.
College Opportunity Fund (COF) for single mothers
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) is a stipend program for university students. Receive money to pay a partial amount of your tuition. Qualify if you are enrolled in school and need financial assistance. Fill out an application online or on paper.
Call 720-264-8550 or 1-800-777-2757 to learn more or email askCOF@college-assist.org.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) for single mothers
Colorado has a Department of Labor and Employment that helps unemployed individuals. Unemployment Insurance (UI) has an online claim processing center where you can file a claim, check the status, and submit an appeal.
For claim assistance and general questions, call UI center at 1-800-388-5515 or the Denver-based center at (303) 318-9000.
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has a nutritional support system called Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). See if you are eligible and which healthy foods you can buy.
Find the WIC clinic closest to you. For assistance, contact 1-800-688-7777 or email@example.com.
Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) for single mothers
The Office of Early Childhood provides Child Care Assistance to single mothers. Apply for assistance online, by mail, or drop by a local Department of Human Services (DHS) office. Contact Colorado DHS at 1-800-799-5876.
Like many states, Colorado participates in Head Start programs for early childhood education and nutrition. Find the specific program that is associated with your county or city. Call (720) 877-3315 or submit an online contact form.
Energy $aving Partner program (E$P)
Colorado Energy Office has an Energy $aving Partner program (E$P) for home energy assessments and weatherization assistance. Contact the Denver office at (303) 866-2100.
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing offers Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), a low-income solution to healthcare coverage. It is for people who do not qualify for Medicaid and cannot afford private healthcare coverage.
Call customer support at (800) 359-1991 if you have any questions. Apply online, by phone at 1-800-221-3943, in person or by mail.
Colorado’s Medicaid program, also called Health First Colorado, is available to individuals and families who qualify. Receive services for maternity care, newborn care, and family planning.
Get answers to your questions online. Apply online, by phone at 1-800-221-3943, in person, or by mail.
Colorado Works cash assistance for single mothers
Colorado Works is the name for the state’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. Download an application online and send it to the local DHS office in your county.
Food Assistance Program for single mothers
The Office of Economic Security has a Food Assistance Program that benefits low-income families. Learn more about program eligibility and EBT cards. Apply online at PEAK (Colorado Program Eligibility and Application Kit) website or contact the DHS office in your area. Call DHS customer service (800) 536-5298 or EBT card assistance at 1.888.328.2656.
You have access to grants that pay $1,000 up to $5,000 for school fees, medical bills and more. Learn more about each program and see if you qualify.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers