Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Connecticut

Every single mother has a different agenda, but they all have the same goal – to care for their families. Now, there are resources in Connecticut that will help them accomplish their most important goals.

Student Financial Aid for single mothers

Connecticut’s Office of Higher Education has a list of student financial aid resources. There are grants and scholarships for single mothers that do not have to be paid back, such as the Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) and TEACH Grant.

Contact the Education & Employment Information Center (EEIC) by email at or by phone at (860) 947-1800. Contact the student financial aid office at (860) 947-1855 or

Governor’s Scholarship Program

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Governor’s Scholarship Program helps students in need of financial aid. The people with the greatest need will receive the highest priority. The amounts range from $800 to $5,000 for part-time or full-time enrollment. To apply, fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you qualify.

The deadline to apply is February 15. For more information, contact (860) 947-1848 or

Unemployment Insurance (UI) for single mothers

The Connecticut Department of Labor provides Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. There are limits to the amounts of funds you can receive every week. You must continue to file a claim for every week that you remain unemployed. File your claim online or by phone. Contact the Department of Labor assistance center at (860) 263-6785.

Rental Assistance Program (RAP)

Connecticut Department of Housing has a state-funded Rental Assistance Program (RAP). Choose from affordable selections of apartments, town homes and single family homes.

The department’s main line number is (860) 270-8262. Call 211 if you are in a crisis. For family housing assistance, call (860) 270-8260.

Care 4 Kids

Care 4 Kids is your source for affordable child care in Connecticut. You have to meet income requirements and be employed or enrolled in the Jobs First training program.

Call them at 1-888-214-KIDS (5437) or fill out an online form.

Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) for single mothers

Pay your winter bills with the help of the Winter Heating Assistance Program. If your household is eligible, you may be able to receive weatherization assistance. Learn more about the program and either download an application online or contact a Community Action Agency near you. Call 211 for assistance over the phone.

Healthcare for UninSured Kids and Youth (HUSKY)

Connecticut has a HUSKY department for single mothers and their children. Healthcare for UninSured Kids and Youth (HUSKY) is a public healthcare program that covers adults without dependents, children and the elderly if they are eligible. Apply on the Access Health CT website, by phone at 1-855-805-4325 or in person at a local Department of Social Services Field Office.

Call 1-877-CT-HUSKY (1-877-284-8759) for more information about the program.

Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

The WIC Program, also called the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, is helpful to single mothers. Get financial and nutritional assistance if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or raising an infant. Contact the Connecticut program at (860) 509-8084 or

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), once called Food Stamps, helps you pay for food. You must meet certain monthly income limits. Take the SNAP pre-screener to check your eligibility or call (800) 842-1508 for more information.

 Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) cash assistance for single mothers

Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) provides cash assistance and job training to unemployed or underemployed single mothers. There are many ways to apply. The easiest way is by going to the Connecticut Department of Social Services website and clicking on the ConneCT link. You can also download an application, fill it out and send it to DSS. Order an application by calling (855) 626-6632 or 1-855-CONNECT. Call 211 for a referral to a DSS Service Center and pick up an application there.

Grants are available to single mothers in Connecticut if they qualify. Every day, families like yours should benefit from receiving this type of money and can be enabled to move on with their lives.

Sponsored links