Single mothers in Florida have access to resources that they may not know they had. Look through a long list of grant programs, learn more information, and know how to apply.
Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) for single mothers
Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) has grants and scholarships for single mothers trying to enroll in school. You have to meet certain residency, income, and enrollment status requirements. To apply, choose the school where you want to enroll and contact the financial aid office.
Contact the Florida Department of Education’s financial assistance office at (888) 827-2004 or OSFA@fldoe.org.
Reemployment Assistance Program
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has a Reemployment Assistance Program that gets you working again. File a new claim online or check an existing one. File by phone at 1-800-681-8102. For assistance or information, call 1-800-204-2418. Visit a CareerSource center to use a public computer and file a claim.
Florida KidCare is Florida’s version of the federal Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Uninsured, low-income children are able to receive benefits. Apply on the Healthy Kids website or mail in a downloaded application. Send it to the program office by fax at (866) 867-0054 or by email at email@example.com.
Call 1-888-540-5437 for further assistance.
School Readiness Program
The Office of Early Learning has a School Readiness Program that prepares kids for schooling. Low-income mothers are able to pay for early education and child care. Sign up for a Family Portable account and apply for the program. Also, apply by contacting the early learning coalition (ELC) in your county. Dial (866) 357-3239 to reach the Early Learning office.
Florida’s Medicaid has programs for adults, children, the elderly, and the disabled. See if you are eligible and apply online through ACCESS Florida. The customer service number is 1-866-762-2237. You can also visit the ACCESS Service Center in your local county.
School Breakfast Program (SBP)
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) participates in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) at state and local levels. Schools provide free or low-cost breakfast meals to low-income students who qualify. Locate the state agency that provides this program in your area or call (703) 305‐2281 if you need more information.
National School Lunch Program
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) provides free and low-cost lunch meals to eligible, low-income students. For questions, call (703) 305‐2281 or contact your participating state agency.
Florida’s Head Start has social and educational services for children from 3 to 5 years of age. There is also the Early Head Start program for children from birth to 3 years old. Find the closest Head Start program in your county. Contact the Florida Head Start State Collaboration Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (850) 921-0025.
TANF cash assistance for single mothers
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) has cash funds for eligible families of single mothers. The funds are time limited, but recipients can pay for their immediate needs. Apply for benefits through the ACCESS Florida system. Call customer service for assistance at 1-866-762-2237.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single mothers
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is known as The Food Assistance Program in Florida. Meet the eligibility rules and review the program fact sheet. Apply for benefits through your ACCESS account.
Free grant money is given to single mothers who qualify. Look into every program that helps single mothers where you live in Florida.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers