This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Georgia

Sponsored links

Are you a single mother looking for help in Georgia? Not to worry, there are many grants available. Here are a few resources you can look into.

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) for single mothers

The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a federal program that serves low-income children all over Georgia. Mothers receive advice on nutrition and benefits to buy healthy foods. An eligibility assessment test is available on the Department of Public Health website.

Find a WIC clinic near you or call 1-800-228-9173 to ask about services.

PeachCare for Kids

++ Popular grants for single mothers

PeachCare for Kids is for children who cannot obtain Medicaid but meet federal poverty income levels. Your local community health center should have more information for you. Call (800) 822-2539 to ask about local financial assistance.

Childcare and Parent Services (CAPS) for single mothers

The Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) has Childcare and Parent Services (CAPS). Pay for childcare if you are low income. Apply for CAPS through the COMPASS website.

Call the CAPS state office at (404) 651-9954. Reach the DECAL CAPS services at (404) 657-3434 or CAPS.support@DECAL.ga.gov.


Medicaid in Georgia has several programs and services to help single-parent households.  Apply for Medicaid through COMPASS or HealthCare.gov. Order an application at (877) 423-4746 or pick one up at a DFCS office.

Know which Medicaid program is suitable for you. Call Right from the Start Medical Assistance Group at (800) 809-7276 or contact a local RSM office.

Free/Reduced Priced Lunch (FRL)

Income eligible kids have access to free or low-cost lunch meals through the Free/Reduced Priced Lunch (FRL) program. Become eligible if you meet income guidelines and/or receive public assistance. Apply for free school meals by contacting your local state agency.

Food Stamps for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as The Georgia Food Stamp Program, provides state-funded food assistance. Determine your eligibility, download an application, request one at (877) 423-4746, or stop by your local DFCS office.

The SNAP information hotline number is 1-800-221-5689.

TANF cash assistance for single mothers

The Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) has TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) benefits. Meet eligibility requirements based on age, income, and work status. Find the nearest county DFCS office to you and apply.


The Georgia Department of Labor has Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits available. You can file a claim online or stop by the local career center.

Reach UI Customer Service at (404) 232-3001 or (877) 709-8185.

HOPE Grant for single mothers

Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) has the HOPE Grant for qualified students. You must be enrolled in a diploma or certificate program. A list of specific colleges or universities in Georgia are associated with the program. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS) through your school’s financial aid office.

GSFC customer service is available at (800) 505-4732. Contact the general information call center at (800) 505-4732 or email gsfcinfo@gsfc.org.

HOPE GED Grant for single mothers

HOPE GED Grant is provided to recipients of the General Education Development (GED). The $500 award is used to pay for tuition and school fees.

Contact GSFC customer service for more information at (800) 505-4732. Call the general information center at (800) 505-4732 or gsfcinfo@gsfc.org.

Single mothers get the help they need in Georgia. Contact any one of the agencies or organizations that are prepared to help the community and help single-parent families.

++ Also read