This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Idaho

Sponsored links

The State of Idaho, along with a range of local nonprofit organizations, provide a variety of assistance programs designed to provide relief for families in need. Here are some options that single mothers living in the area might be eligible for.

Head Start

The Idaho Head Start Association can help single mothers who need assistance with their child care expenses. The Head Start, Early Head Start, Migrant Head Start, and Native American Head Start Programs all cater to the educational needs of children growing up in households that are on a limited income. You may call the IHSA office at 208-345-1182 if you would like to apply for benefits.

Minority and “At-Risk” Student Scholarships

A few different scholarship and grant programs are offered at the College of Southern Idaho. The Minority and “At-Risk” program offers awards of up to $3,000 to scholars who might not otherwise be able to achieve their higher education qualifications. To enquire about or apply for benefits, contact the CSI at 208-732-6227.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho

TAFI is an assistance program that grants cash assistance as well as employment counseling to families with children that are on a limited income. These funds can be used for food, clothing, education, or housing needs. You may apply for cash assistance by calling the office at 1-877-456-1233.

Food Stamps

As a federal initiative, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program provides needy families with electronic funds with which they can buy nutritious foods. SNAP is administered by the Office of Health and Welfare, a Division of the Idaho Human Services Department. You can call them at 1-877-456-1233 if you have any queries about the program or would like to apply for food assistance.


Idaho’s Medicaid program caters to a range of health and dental care services for families in need. Single mothers may apply for healthcare assistance by calling the Medicaid division of the Health and Welfare Office at 1-822-456-1233.

Children’s Health Insurance Plan

You may be able to secure healthcare insurance for your children via the CHIP assistance program. The Children’s Health Insurance Program was designed specifically for children under the age of 19 that do not qualify for Medicaid assistance due to income restrictions. To apply for CHIP, call the Application Hotline at 1-877-456-1233.

Women, Infants & Children

Idaho’s WIC program is another healthcare assistance initiative that provides support to pregnant women, single mothers, and children. Women and children up to the age of 5 years are covered by CHIP if they meet eligibility requirements. To learn more about the program or to apply for benefits, call the office at 1-800-356-9868.

Idaho Child Care Program

ICCP can help single mothers by offering them a subsidized child care assistance program. The Idaho Child Care Program is a co-payment assistance service, which means that Health and Welfare services can help you pay for a portion of your childcare expenses. You may get in touch with the ICCP office at 1-800-356-9868 to apply for benefits.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Idaho’s LIHEAP is a federally-funded energy assistance program, available to households on a limited income. The program can help you pay your utility bills and might also help you reduce the costs of your monthly energy services. You may get in touch with the Idaho Community Action Partnership at 208-746-3351 should you wish to enquire about, or apply for LIHEAP benefits.

This page should have shown single mothers living in Idaho where and how they might be able to apply for grants and assistance.

++ Also read