Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Indiana

The State of Indiana offers a wide range of federal and state grants to families in need, but they also cater to the needs of single mothers. If you are a single mother looking for assistance, here are some of your options:


The Women, Infants, and Children program is essentially a nutritional assistance grant. It can help pregnant women, single mothers and children gain access to food supplies, lifestyle counseling and basic healthcare services. You may check you see if you are eligible for WIC by calling the Indiana WIC Hotline at 1-800-522-0874.


The Indiana Medicaid program is a healthcare assistance program, available to low-income families with minor children. Medicaid can help you gain access to quality healthcare services if you meet income requirements. To apply for benefits, you may call the Indiana Medicaid Office at 1-317-713-9627.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Healthy Indiana Plan

HIP is another healthcare assistance plan for which single mothers may be eligible if they do not meet Medicaid program requirements. The Healthy Indiana Plan was designed for qualified adults that need a health insurance plan. To find out if you can participate in HIP, call the Hotline at 1-877-438-4479.

Hoosier Healthwise

Low income parents and caretakers may be eligible to receive benefits from the healthcare plan, Hoosier Healthwise. HHW caters for medical and dental care needs at low or no cost to members. To apply for Hoosier Healthwise coverage, you can get in touch with MAXIMUS at 1-800-889-9949.

Child Care and Development Fund

As a federal program, the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) can help single mothers obtain child care services for their children while they are working or studying. CCDF is a voucher program administered by the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, and as such, you may call them at 800-299-1627 to apply for assistance.

Summer Food Service Program for Children

Single mothers may apply for SFSP benefits for their children to ensure that they receive nutritious meals during the months of the summer school holidays. The program is administered by the Department of Education in collaboration with their National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. To apply for benefits, contact the office at 317-232-6610.

Frank O’Bannon Grant

As part of the aim to ensure that children receive quality postsecondary education, the Frank O’Bannon Grant includes the Higher Education Award and the Freedom of Choice Award, and is available to children of families on a limited income. You may get in touch with the Indiana Department of Education at 317-464-4400 to see if your children are eligible.

Head Start & Early Head Start

Both the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs are administered by the Indiana Head Start Association in an aim to provide children of low-income families with proper, quality education and child care. To apply for benefits, call the office at 317-234-8960.


In a bid to provide low-income households with the ability to become self-sufficient, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program provides time-limited cash loans to eligible applicants. The TANF program is available to families on a limited income that have minor children. To see if you are eligible for benefits, contact the DFR Office at 1-800-403-0864.

We hope that this page has been helpful in showing single mothers living in Indiana what grants and resources are available to help the make ends meet.

Sponsored links