Finding assistance as a single mother doesn’t always seem like an easy task. This page will help single mothers living in Maine find suitable grants that might be able to provide a helping hand.
The OFI can help single mothers with a range of assistance programs, ranging from cash loans to food supplies. You may get in touch with them by calling the office at 1-800-442-6003 to see how they are able to assist you.
The Maine Food Supplement Program is also known as SNAP, the Special Nutrition Assistance Program. You may be eligible for food stamps with which you can purchases nutritious foods at participating retail stores if you meet program requirements. To see if you qualify for assistance, contact the Department of Agriculture at 202-690-7442.
MainCare is also known as Medicaid, the federally-funded public healthcare program designed to assist low-income American citizens. The program provides benefits to families and individuals that meet income requirements and ensures that they have access to quality medical and dental care services. If you would like to apply for MainCare Cover, contact the Provider Services office at 866-690-5585.
Maine’s CCSP assistance initiative can help single mothers to pay for the cost of their child care services. If you are currently working and would like to apply for subsidized care then you can call the Office of Family Independence at 1-877-680-5866.
As a federal program, the Head Start initiative provides quality child care services to children of families that are on a limited income. The program promotes school readiness as well as social and emotional development. You can apply for Head Start benefits by calling the Office of Child and Family Services at 207-624-7900.
Low-income families might be eligible for benefits of the Housing Choice Voucher Program, a federal initiative to help less fortunate households secure their permanent housing. To apply for this subsidized housing program you’ll have to get in touch with the Maine Housing Authority. They can be reached at 207-626-4600.
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) assistance program is a nutritional and basic healthcare program designed for pregnant and breastfeeding women and their children. You may apply for WIC benefits by contacting the Maine Department of Human and Health Services at 207-287-3991.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is administered by the Maine State Housing Authority and funded at federal level. The program can help you pay for a portion of your utility bills and it can also help you save on your monthly electricity costs. To see if your family is eligible for LIHEAP benefits you can call the Hotline at 1-800-452-4668.
We hope that this page has been helpful in assisting single mothers living in Maine with finding the right grants to apply for. These programs can all provide help that you might need from time to time, especially if you are on a very limited income.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers