It’s not unusual for single mothers to be in need of a little financial help from time to time, but it might be difficult to obtain information as to where and how they can apply for that help. Luckily, this page can help you. If you are a single mother living in Maryland, here are a few of your options:
The Head Start and Early Head Start programs are designed to get children ready for school, but also focus on social and emotional development. Children up to the age of 5 years of age may be enrolled into the Head Start or Early Head Start programs if their parent/s meet income and work requirements. You can enquire about the program or apply for benefits by contacting the Maryland Head Start Association at 1-866-763-6481.
The TCA program forms part of Maryland’s federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families grant, and may be able to help single mothers with paying for basic needs by providing them with temporary cash loans. If you would like to apply for TCA, get in touch with the Department of Human Services at 1-800-332-6447.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
The Maryland Special Nutrition Assistance Program is referred to as the Food Supplement Program (FSP). Benefits are granted to applicants that meet income requirements and allows for successful applicants to purchase nutritious foods with their electronic benefits. Should you wish to apply for FSP, you may call the DHS office at 1-800-337-6347.
MCHIP is a children’s healthcare assistance program for which single mothers may apply if they would like to get their children covered. Children up to the age of 19 years are covered with full medical and dental care benefits. You may call the Maryland Health Connection Office at 1-855-642-8572 if you have any queries or need help with applying for MCHIP.
Single mothers that are struggling to pay for the full cost of child care services can apply for the Child Care Subsidy program from the Office of Child Care. The program can help you pay for a portion of your child care costs if you meet work and income requirements. To apply for benefits you should contact the Department of Human Resources at 1-800-332-6347.
MEAP can help single mothers pay for their home heating and cooling costs, and it can also assist them with the payment of their utility bills. The Office of Home Energy Programs also offers a range of other energy assistance initiatives that can provide relief for families on a very limited income. To see if you are eligible for benefits you can call the OHEP Office at 1-800-332-6347.
If you have lost your job due to no fault of your own then you may be eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits. You can apply to see if you qualify for support by getting in touch with the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation at 1-800-827-4839.
Maryland students studying at independent tertiary institutions as undergraduates may be eligible for the Guaranteed Access grant, provided by the Guaranteed Access Partnership Program (GAPP). The grant can help ensure that undergraduates with a financial need finish their degrees with awards that can cover as much as the full cost of tuition. To see if your child is eligible for the grant, you may contact the Student Financial Aid Office at 800-974-0203.
As you can see, single mothers living in Maryland can apply for a range of assistance grants to help them make ends meet.