Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Massachusetts

This page has been created to help single mothers living in Massachusetts find and apply for State grants that can help them pay their monthly bills.

Massachusetts MASSGrant

Funded by the State Legislature, the MASSGrant can provide undergraduate students with financial assistance in order to help them finish their studies at a Massachusetts tertiary institution. Awards are granted based on the student’s family contribution and the institution they are studying at. You may contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-391-6070 to see if you or your child is eligible for benefits.

Part-Time Grant Program

The Massachusetts Department of Education offers a Part-Time Grant Program which provides financial assistance for adults that wish to complete their studies on a part-time basis. Single mothers that wish to apply for assistance may get in touch with the Office of Student Financial Assistance by calling them at 617-391-6070.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children

The TAFDC program can provide low-income families with minor children with temporary cash loans if they meet income and work requirements. Should you wish to apply for a short-term cash loan, you may call the Health and Human Services office at 617-727-5608.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

Single mothers may apply for SNAP benefits if they wish to enroll in the federally-funded “food stamps” program. This program will provide them with electronic benefits which can be used at participating retail stores in order to pay for foods. To see if your family is eligible for SNAP benefits, you must contact the DTA at 1-877-382-2363.

Women, Infants, and Children

As a special nutrition and basic healthcare assistance program, WIC caters to the needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as their children, up to the age of 5 years old. You may apply to become a WIC participant by getting in touch with the Office of WIC at 1-800-951-1007.


MassHealth is the Massachusetts Medicaid program, and can offer single mothers the opportunity to ensure that their family is covered for medical and dental care services at low or no cost. MassHealth combined traditional Medicaid benefits with the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900 if you would like to learn more or apply for Masshealth benefits.

DTA Child Care

The Department of Transitional Assistance offers a Child Care program to eligible low-income families that need help with the cost of their childcare expenses. Single mothers that meet income and work requirements may call the Child Care Resource and Referral Network at 1-800-345-0131 to enquire about whether they are eligible for benefits.

Head Start and Early Head Start

The Massachusetts Head Start Association offers child-and-family development services known as Head Start and Early Head Start. Families with infants and toddlers may apply for assistance with the care of their children by getting in touch with the MHSA Office at 508-561-7965.

We hope that this page has helped single mothers of Massachusetts to realize that there are various grants out there that can help them provide healthy lives for them and their children.

Sponsored links