This page has been created to help single mothers living in Massachusetts find and apply for State grants that can help them pay their monthly bills.
Funded by the State Legislature, the MASSGrant can provide undergraduate students with financial assistance in order to help them finish their studies at a Massachusetts tertiary institution. Awards are granted based on the student’s family contribution and the institution they are studying at. You may contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-391-6070 to see if you or your child is eligible for benefits.
The Massachusetts Department of Education offers a Part-Time Grant Program which provides financial assistance for adults that wish to complete their studies on a part-time basis. Single mothers that wish to apply for assistance may get in touch with the Office of Student Financial Assistance by calling them at 617-391-6070.
The TAFDC program can provide low-income families with minor children with temporary cash loans if they meet income and work requirements. Should you wish to apply for a short-term cash loan, you may call the Health and Human Services office at 617-727-5608.
Single mothers may apply for SNAP benefits if they wish to enroll in the federally-funded “food stamps” program. This program will provide them with electronic benefits which can be used at participating retail stores in order to pay for foods. To see if your family is eligible for SNAP benefits, you must contact the DTA at 1-877-382-2363.
As a special nutrition and basic healthcare assistance program, WIC caters to the needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as their children, up to the age of 5 years old. You may apply to become a WIC participant by getting in touch with the Office of WIC at 1-800-951-1007.
MassHealth is the Massachusetts Medicaid program, and can offer single mothers the opportunity to ensure that their family is covered for medical and dental care services at low or no cost. MassHealth combined traditional Medicaid benefits with the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900 if you would like to learn more or apply for Masshealth benefits.
The Department of Transitional Assistance offers a Child Care program to eligible low-income families that need help with the cost of their childcare expenses. Single mothers that meet income and work requirements may call the Child Care Resource and Referral Network at 1-800-345-0131 to enquire about whether they are eligible for benefits.
The Massachusetts Head Start Association offers child-and-family development services known as Head Start and Early Head Start. Families with infants and toddlers may apply for assistance with the care of their children by getting in touch with the MHSA Office at 508-561-7965.
We hope that this page has helped single mothers of Massachusetts to realize that there are various grants out there that can help them provide healthy lives for them and their children.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers