This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Michigan

Sponsored links

There are various federal and state grants that have been designed to assist families that are on a limited income. On this page, we will highlight some of the options available to single mothers living in Michigan.

Michigan Family Independence Program

The Michigan FIP initiative is administered by the Department of Health and Human Services and can help single mothers by offering them a temporary cash loan in order to make ends meet. You may learn more about the program or apply for benefits by calling the office at 866-632-9992.

Food Assistance Program for single mothers

Low-income families may apply to see if they qualify for temporary food assistance from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. To check your eligibility or learn more about the Food Assistance Program, contact the Assistance Office at 855-275-6424.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Women, Infants, and Children

WIC is a federal initiative that aims to provide food assistance and basic healthcare services to pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers as well as their children. The program for Women, Infants, and Children can provide counseling, food supplies and medical services to women and children up to the age of 5 years old. You can call the WIC Hotline at 866-540-0008 to enroll in the WIC program.

Child Health Insurance Program

MIChild is a healthcare program that was designed especially for children. Uninsured children of low-income families can be insured by this program to gain access to quality medical and dental care services. To apply to get your children covered, you can call the MIChild Office at 855-275-6424.

Child Development and Care Program for single mothers

The Michigan Department of Human and Health Services administers the CDC program, which can help single mothers to pay for the costs of their child care services. If you feel like you meet income and work requirements then you can contact the DHS at 866-540-0008 to apply for child care assistance.

Head Start

Addressing the needs of children and families that live on very limited incomes, the Head Start initiative provides child care services, counseling, social and emotional development assistance to children. The Head Start and Early Head Start programs also provide school-readiness programs in order to help children thrive. You may apply for Head Start benefits by calling the Michigan Head Start Association Office at 866-540-0008.

National School Lunch Program

As a federally-assisted meal program, the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is administered in private and public schools in order to ensure that children receive nutritious meals during the school year. Lunches are provided at low-cost or no cost to school children. You may apply to enroll your children in the program by contacting the National School Lunch Office at 855-275-6424.

Michigan Tuition Grant

Providing undergraduate students with the opportunity to complete their studies at Michigan postsecondary institutions, the Michigan Tuition Grant (MTG) can help pay for student tuition fees. You can contact the Student Scholarship and Grants Division at 888-447-2687 to see if your children are eligible for MTG benefits.

Unemployment Insurance for single mothers

Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Program is administered by the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). The program can help you claim unemployment benefits if you are unemployed until you find suitable employment. You can call the office at 1-866-500-0017 to learn more about the program or to submit a claim.

Hopefully this page has been helpful for any single mothers living in Michigan who are in need of some financial support.

++ Also read