If you live in Mississippi and are a single mother looking at ways to pay all of your bills then perhaps it’s time that you considered grants. On this page, we’ll show you what grants are available in your area and what benefits they bring to the table.
Families and children can benefits from the education, early childhood development, medical, dental, and nutritional services that form part of the benefits provided by the Head Start program. The Mississippi Head Start Association handles application for benefits and grants, and being so, you may contact them at 601-576-2021 to start your application process.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program is funded at federal level and administered locally by the Department of Human Services. Benefits of the program include assistance with employment as well as temporary cash loans that can help single mothers pay for basic needs such as food, medical services, and housing. If you would like to learn more about the program or apply for TANF, you can call the DHS office at 877-882-4916.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as Food Stamps) is a supplementary food assistance program that can help families purchase nutritious foods. SNAP benefits are granted to applicants who meet work and income requirements, so if you feel like you meet program guidelines, you can call the DHS at 877-882-4916 to apply.
If you would like to enroll your children into a healthcare program that will cover medical and dental care, then you should consider the CHIP initiative. CHIP is a comprehensive healthcare assistance program that covers a wide range of healthcare services that children might need. Call the Mississippi Division of Medicaid at 800-421-2408 to start the application process.
You might be eligible to receive subsidized child care tuition for your children if you are eligible for benefits of the Child Care Certificate Program. The Mississippi Division of Early Childhood Care & Development administers this co-payment program, and as such, you can call them at 800-877-7882 to apply for benefits.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children provides pregnant and breastfeeding women with a monthly package of foods, healthy eating tips, healthcare referrals, and breastfeeding support. The program also caters to the healthcare and national needs of babies and toddlers up to 5 years old. Should you wish to enroll in the WIC program, you may get in touch with Mississippi WIC Office at 601-991-6000.
Should you wish to file an unemployment claim then you can do so via the help of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security. If you are unemployed due to no fault of your own you, can start the claims process by calling the office at 601-321-6000.
The Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid administers the Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG). The grant can provide undergraduate students with financial assistance via the state-funded program. To see if your child is eligible for benefits, you can apply by calling the office at 1-800-327-2980.
We hope that this page has shed some light onto how you, as a single mother living in Mississippi, can apply for a grant to help you make ends meet.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers