This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Mississippi

Sponsored links

If you live in Mississippi and are a single mother looking at ways to pay all of your bills then perhaps it’s time that you considered grants. On this page, we’ll show you what grants are available in your area and what benefits they bring to the table.

Head Start

Families and children can benefits from the education, early childhood development, medical, dental, and nutritional services that form part of the benefits provided by the Head Start program. The Mississippi Head Start Association handles application for benefits and grants, and being so, you may contact them at 601-576-2021 to start your application process.

TANF cash assistance for single mothers

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program is funded at federal level and administered locally by the Department of Human Services. Benefits of the program include assistance with employment as well as temporary cash loans that can help single mothers pay for basic needs such as food, medical services, and housing. If you would like to learn more about the program or apply for TANF, you can call the DHS office at 877-882-4916.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

SNAP for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as Food Stamps) is a supplementary food assistance program that can help families purchase nutritious foods. SNAP benefits are granted to applicants who meet work and income requirements, so if you feel like you meet program guidelines, you can call the DHS at 877-882-4916 to apply.

Children’s Health Insurance Program

If you would like to enroll your children into a healthcare program that will cover medical and dental care, then you should consider the CHIP initiative. CHIP is a comprehensive healthcare assistance program that covers a wide range of healthcare services that children might need. Call the Mississippi Division of Medicaid at 800-421-2408 to start the application process.

Child Care Certificate Program

You might be eligible to receive subsidized child care tuition for your children if you are eligible for benefits of the Child Care Certificate Program. The Mississippi Division of Early Childhood Care & Development administers this co-payment program, and as such, you can call them at 800-877-7882 to apply for benefits.


The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children provides pregnant and breastfeeding women with a monthly package of foods, healthy eating tips, healthcare referrals, and breastfeeding support. The program also caters to the healthcare and national needs of babies and toddlers up to 5 years old. Should you wish to enroll in the WIC program, you may get in touch with Mississippi WIC Office at 601-991-6000.

Unemployment Insurance for single mothers

Should you wish to file an unemployment claim then you can do so via the help of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security. If you are unemployed due to no fault of your own you, can start the claims process by calling the office at 601-321-6000.

Mississippi Tuition Assistance Grant

The Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid administers the Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG). The grant can provide undergraduate students with financial assistance via the state-funded program. To see if your child is eligible for benefits, you can apply by calling the office at 1-800-327-2980.

We hope that this page has shed some light onto how you, as a single mother living in Mississippi, can apply for a grant to help you make ends meet.

++ Also read