Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Montana

Single mothers living in Montana might be able to apply for a few State grants in order to help them meet the needs of their families. On this page you’ll find the information you’ll need to enquire about or apply for assistance.

Montana Higher Education Grant

The MHEG student assistance program is available to students studying at postsecondary educational institutions in Montana that show a clear financial need. Awards of up to $500 may be granted to students depending on their situation. To learn more about the grant or to apply for assistance, you can contact the Helena College University of Montana at 406-447-6900.

Montana Unemployment Insurance

Unemployed single mothers may be eligible to claim unemployment benefits if they are unemployed due to no fault of their own. To start a claim you should get in touch with the Montana Division of Labor and Industry by calling the Unemployment Insurance Division Office at 406-444-3783.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Montana Head Start

As a federal initiative, the Head Start program can assist low-income families that need assistance with their children’s education and care. Head Start offers family and education services for children and can help them get ready for school. Call the Montana Head Start Association at 406-443-0620 to apply for or enquire about benefits.

Montana Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

The Montana TANF program can provide single mothers with a temporary cash loan which may be used to acquire basic needs such as food, housing, and child care services. You may apply for benefits if you meet income and work requirements. To see if you qualify for assistance, call the Montana Public Assistance Helpline at 1-888-706-1535.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

Montana’s Food Stamp Program (SNAP) can help provide families on a limited income with the means of purchasing nutritious foods as a supplemental service. Under the SNAP initiative, participants are issued Electronic Benefit Cards with which they can purchase foods at selected retailers. You can apply for SNAP benefits by calling the DHS’ Food Services Office at 866-632-9992.

Women, Infants, and Children

The Montana WIC program assists pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and their children. The program can assist single mothers by providing them with counseling, food services, and basic health services for them and their young children. Should you wish to register for WIC, you can apply by contacting the State Administrative Office at 800-433-4298.

Montana Medicaid

Administered by the Montana Department of Health and Human Services, Medicaid is a public healthcare program, designed to give low-income residents access to affordable medical and dental care services. You can apply to get your family covered if you meet income requirements. to start your application process, call the DHHS Office at 1-877-668-4490.

Healthy Montana Kids

In Montana, the federally-funded Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) is known as Healthy Montana Kids (HMK). This is a healthcare program designed to meet the basic healthcare needs of children that are not medically insured. Children up to the age of 19 years old are covered by the plan. Single mothers can apply to get their children covered by contacting the Public Assistance Helpline at 888-706-1535.Montana Best Beginnings Child Care Subsidy

The Best Beginnings child care scholarship programs are administered by the Montana Early Childhood Services Bureau. The program provides families that are on a limited income with the opportunity to co-pay their childcare services with the help of the State. You can get in touch with the ECSB at 406-444-1788 to enquire about eligibility or to apply for benefits.

We hope that this information has given single mothers in Montana guidance they’ll need to help them apply for assistance when the need presents itself.

Sponsored links