This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Nebraska

Sponsored links

It’s not easy raising children on your own and coping with work and finances as well, which is why there are grants in place to lend a helping hand to the women out there that need it most. This page has been specifically created to help single mothers living in Nebraska find and apply for the help they need.

Nebraska Opportunity Grant

Also known as the Nebraska State Grant, the Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG) is available to postsecondary students that do not have the finances to pay for their education. The grant is only applicable to students studying at institutions in Nebraska, and those who meet the program requirements. you can check to see if your child is eligible for the grant by contacting Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education at 402-471-2847.

Nebraska Aid to Dependent Children

The ADC program is an initiative offered by the Department of Health and Human Services, and aims to provide cash assistance to single mothers and low-income families that have minor children aged 18 years and younger. Benefits are granted if applicants meet program requirements, but you may call the DHHS at 402-471-3121 to apply and see if you qualify for assistance.

++ Popular grants for single mothers


In Nebraska, the public healthcare program, Medicaid, can offer needy community members with the means to access quality, affordable medical, and dental care services. Should you wish to apply for Medicaid benefits for you and your children, you can call the Customer Service Line at 855-632-7633.

Kids Connection

Nebraska’s federally-funded Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is also referred to as the Kids Connection plan. As an extension of the Medicaid program, CHIP ensures that children are covered for healthcare services if their family is not eligible for Medicaid. Call the DHHS at 1-855-632-7633 to enquire about or to apply to get your children enrolled in the program.

Head Start

Head Start is a federally-funded program that provides services for families and their young children in order to help them with their educational, family, and healthcare services. You can see what benefits you’re eligible for by calling the Head Start Central Office at 308-865-5690.

Women, Infants, and Children

If you are a breastfeeding mother or expecting a child, you can enroll for the Nebraska WIC program. WIC is a federal initiative that can provide nutritional, healthcare, and counseling services to women and their young children up to the age of 5 years old. To sign up for WIC benefits you can get in touch with the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services at 402-471-3121.

Child Care Subsidy Program

Child care assistance is available from the Nebraska Department of Human and Health Services through a program known as the Child Care Subsidy Program. Single mothers can apply to see if they are eligible for the program that has the State co-pay their childcare expenses. The DHHS office can be reached at 1-800-383-4278.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

The Nebraska TANF program assists families that are on a very limited income and need help with their utility bills and home energy costs. The program is available to applicants that meet income and work requirements. to see if you are eligible for benefits such as utility bill payment help and weatherization program, call the DHHS Office at 402-471-3121.

Nebraska Unemployment Insurance

If you find yourself unemployed and meet the legal requirements in order to claim unemployment benefits, then you can start the process by contacting the Nebraska Unemployment Claims Center at 402-458-2500.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

SNAP is Nebraska’s Food Assistance Program, and it aims to assist families and single mothers, by providing them with the means to purchase fresh nutritious foods. Certain eligibility requirements such as income and employment requirements must be met before SNAP benefits can be granted. To see if your family qualifies for benefits, call the office of Economic Assistance at 800-383-4278 and start your application process.

As you can see, single mothers living in Nebraska might have a whole lot of options that can provide them with the helping hand they have been looking for.

++ Also read