While there are various assistance programs that can provide needy families and individuals with bill assistance, it can be hard to find one that caters to your specific needs. That’s why we created this page. Here, single mothers living in New Jersey can find suitable grants that can provide them with the help they need.
The New Jersey Work First Program provides employment and educational services to less-fortunate community members that wish to become self-sufficient. The program can help single mothers by providing them with once-off cash loans in order to make ends meet. To apply for benefits, get in touch with the Division of Family Development by calling the office at 1-800-792-9773.
NJ Family Care is a health insurance program which is funded at federal level in order to promote good health in all communities of New Jersey. If you do not currently have insurance provided by your employer, you can apply to get cover by calling the office at 1-800-701-0710.
Single mothers that are employed may be eligible for State subsidies for the childcare services their children need. You can apply to get help if you have children aged 13 and younger. Should you wish to learn more about the child care subsidy program, or wish to apply for assistance, you can call the Child Care Helpline at 1-800-332-9227.
New Jersey’s Hospital Care Payment Assistance Program is referred to as Charity Care Assistance, and it’s a low-and-free-care program that is awarded to New Jersey State Hospital Patients receiving acute care. to see if you are eligible for benefits, call the CCA Hotline at 1-866-588-5696.
WIC is New Jersey’s federally-funded assistance program for pregnant and breastfeeding women. The WIC program can assist women and their children (up to the age of 5) with food, healthcare, and counseling services. You can contact the Family Health Line 1-800-328-3838 to find your nearest WIC clinic in order to enroll.
The Family Leave Insurance program forms part of the NJ Temporary Disability Benefits Law, and it has been designed to help new mothers by providing them with cash assistance when a new baby is born. FLI benefits can extend as far as 6 weeks, but you can obtain full information by calling the Department of Labor at 609-777-3200.
Administered by the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, the New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant is available to students studying at postsecondary New Jersey colleges and universities that cannot afford their tuition. Awards are based on a student’s family contribution and the institution they study at, but single mothers can contact the HESSAA Customer Care Center at 609-584-4480 to see if their child is eligible for benefits.
Emergency Assistance is a program administered by the Department of Human Services in an aim to provide single mothers and low-income families with a range of basic needs assistance programs in case of a financial crisis. Utility bill payments, food, clothing, and housing assistance all form part of the potential benefits on offer. To see if you qualify for EA you should contact NJ Family Care at 1-800-701-0710.
The New Jersey Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program caters to the food needs of low-income families by providing them with electronic benefits, which can be used to purchase nutritious foods. Also known as the Food Stamps Program, SNAP is available to applicants that meet income and work requirements. Single mothers can apply for benefits by contacting the SNAP Hotline at 1-800-687-9512.
This page has listed a wide range of assistance grants, designed to assist single mothers living in New Jersey who need help with all their expenses.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers