This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in New York

Sponsored links

If you are a New York resident and find yourself looking for assistance as a single mother, there are various grants in place that can lend you a hand. This page will highlight some of the most useful assistance grants available to single moms.

Family Assistance

The New York Family Assistance program is operated on the funds provided by the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant. Single mothers can apply to receive temporary cash assistance from the program if they meet income and work requirements. you can apply by contacting the OTDA Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.

State Tuition Assistance Program

The New York State TAP grant can help you pay the tuition fees for your children studying at New York educational institutions. To enquire about eligibility requirements or to see if your children are eligible for support, get in touch with the New York Higher Education Office by calling them at 1-888-697-4372.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Pre-K Programs

The New York Department of Education offers a range of pre-kindergarten assistance programs, designed to assist single mothers with the cost of their child care expenses. To see how you might be able to benefit from these programs, you may call the NYDE Office at 212-504-4115.

Child Care Subsidy Program

If you are unable to afford the costs of childcare services, you may be eligible to apply for co-payment assistance from the Office of Children and Family Services. The grant provides low-income families with the opportunity to apply for subsidized child care services. Call the OCFS at 518-473-7793 to start your application process.

Child and Adult Care Food Program

The New York Department of Health administers the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), which works on the same principles as the federal Food Stamps initiative. Single mothers can apply to get food assistance for their families by contacting the Office of Children and Family Services at 518-473-7793.

Women, Infants, and Children

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you might be eligible to enroll in the federally-funded WIC program, which can help you and your children with nutritional and healthcare assistance services. You can get in touch with the Department of Health at 518-473-7793.

Child Health Plus

The New York CH Plus program is a healthcare assistance program designed especially for children that come from low-income families. The program can provide you with the means of accessing quality, low-cost medical and dental care services. You can enroll your children by calling the Hotline at 1-800-698-4543.


Medicaid is another healthcare program that can assist single mothers with ensuring that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. The Medicaid program is funded at a federal level and provides low-income families with access to reduced-cost and free healthcare services. Should you wish to apply for benefits, you can contact the Health Plan Marketplace at 855-355-5777.


The New York SNAP initiative caters to the nutritional needs of families that are on a limited income. You can apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program if your household meets income and work requirements. To see if you qualify for assistance you should get in touch with the OTDA by calling the Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.

As you can see, single mothers living in New York do have quite a few options when it comes to applying for assistance grants to help them make it through tough financial times.

++ Also read