If you are a New York resident and find yourself looking for assistance as a single mother, there are various grants in place that can lend you a hand. This page will highlight some of the most useful assistance grants available to single moms.
The New York Family Assistance program is operated on the funds provided by the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant. Single mothers can apply to receive temporary cash assistance from the program if they meet income and work requirements. you can apply by contacting the OTDA Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
The New York State TAP grant can help you pay the tuition fees for your children studying at New York educational institutions. To enquire about eligibility requirements or to see if your children are eligible for support, get in touch with the New York Higher Education Office by calling them at 1-888-697-4372.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
The New York Department of Education offers a range of pre-kindergarten assistance programs, designed to assist single mothers with the cost of their child care expenses. To see how you might be able to benefit from these programs, you may call the NYDE Office at 212-504-4115.
If you are unable to afford the costs of childcare services, you may be eligible to apply for co-payment assistance from the Office of Children and Family Services. The grant provides low-income families with the opportunity to apply for subsidized child care services. Call the OCFS at 518-473-7793 to start your application process.
The New York Department of Health administers the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), which works on the same principles as the federal Food Stamps initiative. Single mothers can apply to get food assistance for their families by contacting the Office of Children and Family Services at 518-473-7793.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you might be eligible to enroll in the federally-funded WIC program, which can help you and your children with nutritional and healthcare assistance services. You can get in touch with the Department of Health at 518-473-7793.
The New York CH Plus program is a healthcare assistance program designed especially for children that come from low-income families. The program can provide you with the means of accessing quality, low-cost medical and dental care services. You can enroll your children by calling the Hotline at 1-800-698-4543.
Medicaid is another healthcare program that can assist single mothers with ensuring that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. The Medicaid program is funded at a federal level and provides low-income families with access to reduced-cost and free healthcare services. Should you wish to apply for benefits, you can contact the Health Plan Marketplace at 855-355-5777.
The New York SNAP initiative caters to the nutritional needs of families that are on a limited income. You can apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program if your household meets income and work requirements. To see if you qualify for assistance you should get in touch with the OTDA by calling the Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
As you can see, single mothers living in New York do have quite a few options when it comes to applying for assistance grants to help them make it through tough financial times.