The State of North Carolina administers a wide range of assistance programs in order to help its residents make it through financial difficulties. On this page, we’ll be showing single mothers where and how they can apply for assistance grants in their area.
North Carolina residents that have a clear financial need maybe eligible for college grants as administered by the CFNC. Single mothers can apply to see if their children qualify for benefits of the North Carolina Community College Grant by calling the Student Aid Hotline at 866-866-2362.
The State of North Carolina administers an Unemployment Insurance Cost Management Program in order to assist low-income families by supporting them with funds when they are left unemployed due to no fault of their own. Should you wish to file an unemployment claim, you can start the process by contacting the UI Office at 919-807-4828.
Subsidized child care assistance is available to eligible single mothers from the North Carolina Department of Child Services. You may get in touch with the Division of Child Development by calling the office at 1-800-859-0829 should you wish to apply for or learn more about the SCCP initiative.
NCHC is one of the healthcare assistance programs available to low-income families with minor children. You can learn more about the benefits of Health Care by getting in touch with the Medical Assistance Operations Section at 919-855-4050.
If your family does not qualify for Health Choice benefits, you may be able to apply for and benefit from the North Carolina Medicaid program. Medicaid is a federally-funded assistance program that ensures that single mothers can apply for healthcare coverage for their families. You can start your application process for Medicaid benefits by calling the office of Medical Assistance Operations at 919-855-4050.
The North Carolina Women, Infants, and Children program is a supplemental nutrition and healthcare program that can help pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their children with food, medical services, and counseling. WIC ensures that women and their young children have access to the health-and-welfare services they need to be as healthy as possible. You can enroll for WIC by contacting the DHHS Customer Service Center at 1-800-662-7030.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services can help single mothers with a program referred to as FNS. The program is also known as the Food Stamps initiative, and offers eligible applicants electronic benefits with which they can purchase nutritious foods for their families. To see if you qualify for benefits, please get in touch with the NC EBT Call Center at 1-866-719-0141.
NC Work First is an employment assistance service, offered by the Department of Health and Human Services, with the aim of helping single mothers reach self-sufficiency. The program can assist you with job training and referral services to increase your chances of becoming employed. You can call the DHHS at 919-855-4800 to see how the program can assist you and your family.
Head Start offers comprehensive educational service that includes health, nutritional and emotional development services to children from low-income families. Administered by the Division of Early Childhood Development, Head Start and Early Head Start are assistance programs that can help single mothers ensure that their children are receiving quality, affordable child care. Should you wish to apply for Head Start or Early Head Start, you can call the Hotline at 1-800-859-0829 to start the process.
We hope that this page has provided single mothers living in North Carolina with a comprehensive listing of the assistance grants they might be able to benefit from.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers