Whether you need a little help with the payment of your utility bills, or you need supplemental food services, there are various assistance programs that cater to the needs of less-fortunate U.S. citizens. This page will help single mothers living in Ohio to find and apply for suitable grants.
The OWF Program is offered by the Office of Workforce Development, and it can help single mothers by assisting them with finding and retaining employment, in order to secure a healthy and stable home for their children. You can learn more about the program’s benefits by getting in touch with the Ohio Means Jobs Center at 888-296-7541.
The Ohio Food Assistance Program was designed to help low-income families by providing them with supplemental food supplies in order to help stop hunger in the community. Under the program, there are various outreach initiatives that operate in and around Ohio’s various counties, ensuring that foods are distributed where they are needed most. You can consult the website to learn more about these organizations and find one in your area.
As a Medicaid program, the Ohio Healthy Families program can provide single mothers and their children with access to a wide range of healthcare services, all at reduced-or-no cost. Families that fall under the federal poverty line can apply for benefits. If you would like to enquire about the program or apply for benefits, you can call the Medicaid Call Center at 800-324-8680.
Also referred to as the SCHIP initiative, Health y Start is the children’s healthcare assistance program, which also forms part of the federally-funded Medicaid program. You can apply to get your children covered with SCHIP by contacting the Medicaid Call Center at 800-324-8680.
The Ohio Department of Family Services offers a Child Care Assistance Program to families and single mothers that need help with the payment of their childcare expenses. You must meet income and work requirements before assistance is granted, but you can call the ODGS Child Care Help Desk at 1-877-302-2347 to learn more about these, and also if you would like to apply for assistance.
As part of their aim to ensure that children are eating nutritious foods throughout the summer holidays, the Ohio Department of Education runs a Summer Food Service Program. The SFSP initiative supplies children aged 1 to 18 with free meals if they are registered in the program. To apply for benefits, single mothers can contact the Hotline at 1-866-348-6479.
If you’re a single mom and find yourself unemployed due to company resizing or some similar nature, you might be able to claim unemployment insurance benefits. You can submit a claim by getting in touch with the Office of Workforce Development at 888-296-7541.
Head Start is an anti-poverty assistance program that caters to the needs of children and their families. The program offers healthcare services, educational resources, counseling, in order to ensure that children succeed with their schooling, as well as their emotional, social, and mental development. Call the Ohio Head Start Collaboration Office at 614-752-1151 to see how Head Start can improve the lives of your children today.
Single mothers that cannot afford the cost of college or university fees can apply to see if their children are eligible for the Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG) program. The grant is administered by the Department of Higher Education, which means that you can call them at 614-466-6000 to apply for or enquire about the grant.
This page should have shown single mothers in Ohio where and how they might be able to apply for assistance grants in their area.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers