Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Oklahoma

The State of Oklahoma administers a range of assistance programs that were designed to provide relief to low-income families and individuals living in the area. On this page we’ll be discussing which grants single mothers can look to apply for when they find themselves facing tough financial times.


The Oklahoma TANF program is available to single mothers with minor children that meet income and work requirements. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families can grant cash loans on a short-term basis, which can then be used to purchase essential basic such as food, or pay for services like housing, utilities, and child care. You can apply to see if you qualify for benefits by calling the Department of Huma Services’ Office at 405-521-4391.


SNAP is another program administered by the Department of Human Services, but the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program aims to end hunger in communities throughout Oklahoma. Families that are in need of food supplies can enroll for SNAP benefits, which may provide them with electronic benefits that can be used to purchase nutritious foods. SNAP applications can be lodged by contacting the DHS Hotline at 1-866-411-1877.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers


Oklahoma’s Medicaid program is referred to as SoonerCare. Single mothers that cannot afford medical and dental care services can apply for coverage, which may help the pay for their healthcare bills. The program is administered by the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority, which means that you can call the Helpline at 1-800-987-7767, should you wish to apply for assistance.

Child Care Assistance Program

The Oklahoma Department of Human Services offers a Child Care Assistance Program, which has been put in place in order to help low-income families pay for their child care expenses. The amount of assistance funds awarded to applicants varies, depending on their income and family size. You can see if you are eligible for CCAP benefits by contacting the Child Care Subsidy Program Division at 405-521-3931.

Pre-Kindergarten Program

Single mothers can apply for the Pre-K Program, offered by the Department of Education. The program can ensure that your children (up to the age of 4) have access to quality child care services, which offer small classes and are in line with the national schooling curriculum. Applications can be lodged by calling the SDE Office at 405-522-3241.

Unemployment Insurance

If you are currently unemployed and find yourself in the situation due to company restrictions, you might be able to apply for unemployment benefits if your situation happened due to no fault of your own. You should contact the Unemployment Service Center at 1-800-555-1554 if you would like to learn more about your rights, or if you are ready to submit a claim.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program

OTAG is a student aid assistance program which caters to the needs of postsecondary students studying at Oklahoma colleges and universities, who cannot afford the cost of their studies. The awards may be granted for full-and-part-time students, depending on their circumstances and family contribution. Single mothers can apply to see if their children can benefit from the grant by calling the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Help Line at 800-858-1840.

Oklahoma Promise

Offered by the Department of Higher Education, the Oklahoma Promise program can award needy postsecondary students with tuition grants and various Oklahoma colleges and universities. If your child is in the 8th, 9th, or 10th grade, you can enroll them for benefits, but only if your income does not exceed $50,000 per year. Single mothers can get in touch with the OHED at 800-858-1840 to start the process.

We’ve shown single mothers in Oklahoma a range of assistance programs that can help them during tough financial times, and we hope that they are now armed with all the information they’ll need to reach out and apply for help when the time calls for it.

Sponsored links