Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Oregon

Oregon residents that find themselves facing times of financial hardships can apply for help from a range of government-and-state funded assistance programs. Here, single mothers will be able to see where and how they can apply for help, if and when they need it.


The Oregon Temporary Assistance for Needy Families initiative can help single mothers reach a stage of self-sufficiency, by providing them with cash loans to help them pay their expenses. TANF benefits are grated via electronic benefit cards, also referred to as the Oregon Trail Card. You ca apply for help by contacting the Department of Human Services’ Assistance Office at 866-279-3290.


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (some refer to it as food stamps) is a food assistance program which is available to families with minor children that live on a limited income. You can call the DHS Assistance Office at 971-673-2422 to see if you are eligible for SNAP benefits, or if you have any queries about the federally-funded program.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Oregon Health Plan

The Oregon Health Plan is a federal-and-state funded public healthcare assistance program, designed to help single mothers and low-income families ensure that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. OHB offers a wide range of different plans that cater to various needs and income levels. To apply for help or to talk to an advisor, contact the Client Services Office at 1-800-273-0557.


Oregon’s Women, Infants, and Children program is a nutritional and healthcare assistance initiative that aims to help pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as their children, with their basic needs. WIC covers services such as food supplies, medical checkups, and counseling services. Single mothers can enroll for WIC by calling the Oregon Health Authority Office at 971-673-1222.

Employment Related Day Care

The Department of Human Services administers the Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) program, which can offer childcare co-payments to eligible low-income families. If you would like to apply for the subsidy program, you may contact the DHS Office at 866-279-3290.

Head Start

Head Start is a federal education assistance program that can provide children and their families with the support they’ll need to ensure that minor children succeed in their schooling life. Head Start can benefit children with services such as food supplies, school readiness programs, and counseling related to social, mental, and emotional development. Single mothers can enroll their children in the Head Start program by getting in touch with the Oregon Head Start Association at 503-580-4722.


Oregon families on a limited income can apply for benefits such as utility bill payment assistance and weatherization programs, which form part of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. The program is available to applicants that meet work and income requirements, and also have minor children. Should you wish to apply for LIHEAP benefits, call the Oregon Housing and Community Services office at 508-986-2000.

These resources should be able to provide single mothers living in Oregon with the financial assistance they require if they ever find themselves amidst a financial crisis.

Sponsored links