Oregon residents that find themselves facing times of financial hardships can apply for help from a range of government-and-state funded assistance programs. Here, single mothers will be able to see where and how they can apply for help, if and when they need it.
The Oregon Temporary Assistance for Needy Families initiative can help single mothers reach a stage of self-sufficiency, by providing them with cash loans to help them pay their expenses. TANF benefits are grated via electronic benefit cards, also referred to as the Oregon Trail Card. You ca apply for help by contacting the Department of Human Services’ Assistance Office at 866-279-3290.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (some refer to it as food stamps) is a food assistance program which is available to families with minor children that live on a limited income. You can call the DHS Assistance Office at 971-673-2422 to see if you are eligible for SNAP benefits, or if you have any queries about the federally-funded program.
The Oregon Health Plan is a federal-and-state funded public healthcare assistance program, designed to help single mothers and low-income families ensure that their families are covered for medical and dental care services. OHB offers a wide range of different plans that cater to various needs and income levels. To apply for help or to talk to an advisor, contact the Client Services Office at 1-800-273-0557.
Oregon’s Women, Infants, and Children program is a nutritional and healthcare assistance initiative that aims to help pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as their children, with their basic needs. WIC covers services such as food supplies, medical checkups, and counseling services. Single mothers can enroll for WIC by calling the Oregon Health Authority Office at 971-673-1222.
The Department of Human Services administers the Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) program, which can offer childcare co-payments to eligible low-income families. If you would like to apply for the subsidy program, you may contact the DHS Office at 866-279-3290.
Head Start is a federal education assistance program that can provide children and their families with the support they’ll need to ensure that minor children succeed in their schooling life. Head Start can benefit children with services such as food supplies, school readiness programs, and counseling related to social, mental, and emotional development. Single mothers can enroll their children in the Head Start program by getting in touch with the Oregon Head Start Association at 503-580-4722.
Oregon families on a limited income can apply for benefits such as utility bill payment assistance and weatherization programs, which form part of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. The program is available to applicants that meet work and income requirements, and also have minor children. Should you wish to apply for LIHEAP benefits, call the Oregon Housing and Community Services office at 508-986-2000.
These resources should be able to provide single mothers living in Oregon with the financial assistance they require if they ever find themselves amidst a financial crisis.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers