While there are various assistance programs that serve needy families and individuals in Pennsylvania, it might not always be as easy to find help as a single mother. That’s where this page comes in. Single mothers can use the following resources to help them find suitable assistance grants in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania State Grant Program was designed to assist students that cannot afford the costs of college or university fees. If you are a single mother and would like to enquire about the program or enroll your child, you can get in touch with the Pennsylvania Department of Education office at 1-800-692-7392.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program can provide benefits such as weatherization programs as well as utility bill payment assistance to program participants. LIHEAP is a federal initiative, but administered locally by the Department of Human Services. You can give them a call at 717-787-4081 to see if you qualify for benefits.
Pennsylvania’s Food Stamp Program forms part of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Single mothers can apply for SNAP benefits in order to help supplement their monthly cost of food. Get in touch with the DHS’ Assistance Office at 1-800-692-7462 if you have any questions or are having a hard time applying for benefits online.
Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, as well as their children (aged 5 years and younger) can benefit from the healthcare and nutritional assistance program, Women, Infants, and Children. Single mothers should get in touch with the Pennsylvania WIC Office at 1-800-911-9167 if they would like to apply for assistance to get their young families covered.
Pennsylvania households that are on a very limited income can apply for the federally-funded Medicaid program, should the wish to get themselves covered for healthcare services. Medicaid is administered locally by the office of Health Care Coverage, which means that you can get in touch with them at 1-866-550-4355 if you have any queries or need help with the application process.
The Pennsylvania CHIP initiative can provide single mothers with an option to get their minor children covered for medical and dental care services. The Children’s Health Insurance Program ensures that kids have access to the healthcare services they might need, even if their parents do not always have the funds to pay for these services. Enrolling your kids for the program can either be done online, or by calling the Healthcare Hotline at 1-800-318-2596.
Child Care Works is a subsidized child care program that is available to single mothers and families that are on a limited income. If you need a little help with the payment of your child care expenses, you can apply to see if you qualify for benefits. Applications can be done by calling the Child Care Services office at 1-877-472-5437.
Parents that want to ensure that their children are ready for school and also receive all the support they need in order to properly develop their mental, emotional, and social skills, can turn towards the Head Start program. As a federal initiative, Head Start is administered by the PA Head Start Association, and as such, you can contact them on 717-526-4646 for applications or general enquiries.
The U.S. Department of Labor and Industry administers the Unemployment Insurance Program. The program can assist single mothers by providing them with cash if they are unemployed due to no fault of their own. Should you wish to lodge a claim, you may get in touch with the Claims Department at 888-313-7284.
We sincerely hope that this page has assisted single mothers of Pennsylvania in finding grants that can help them overcome times of financial hardship.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers