This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Pennsylvania

Sponsored links

While there are various assistance programs that serve needy families and individuals in Pennsylvania, it might not always be as easy to find help as a single mother. That’s where this page comes in. Single mothers can use the following resources to help them find suitable assistance grants in Pennsylvania.

State Grant Program

The Pennsylvania State Grant Program was designed to assist students that cannot afford the costs of college or university fees. If you are a single mother and would like to enquire about the program or enroll your child, you can get in touch with the Pennsylvania Department of Education office at 1-800-692-7392.


The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program can provide benefits such as weatherization programs as well as utility bill payment assistance to program participants. LIHEAP is a federal initiative, but administered locally by the Department of Human Services. You can give them a call at 717-787-4081 to see if you qualify for benefits.

++ Popular grants for single mothers


Pennsylvania’s Food Stamp Program forms part of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Single mothers can apply for SNAP benefits in order to help supplement their monthly cost of food. Get in touch with the DHS’ Assistance Office at 1-800-692-7462 if you have any questions or are having a hard time applying for benefits online.


Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, as well as their children (aged 5 years and younger) can benefit from the healthcare and nutritional assistance program, Women, Infants, and Children. Single mothers should get in touch with the Pennsylvania WIC Office at 1-800-911-9167 if they would like to apply for assistance to get their young families covered.


Pennsylvania households that are on a very limited income can apply for the federally-funded Medicaid program, should the wish to get themselves covered for healthcare services. Medicaid is administered locally by the office of Health Care Coverage, which means that you can get in touch with them at 1-866-550-4355 if you have any queries or need help with the application process.

Children’s Health Insurance Program

The Pennsylvania CHIP initiative can provide single mothers with an option to get their minor children covered for medical and dental care services. The Children’s Health Insurance Program ensures that kids have access to the healthcare services they might need, even if their parents do not always have the funds to pay for these services. Enrolling your kids for the program can either be done online, or by calling the Healthcare Hotline at 1-800-318-2596.

Child Care Works

Child Care Works is a subsidized child care program that is available to single mothers and families that are on a limited income. If you need a little help with the payment of your child care expenses, you can apply to see if you qualify for benefits. Applications can be done by calling the Child Care Services office at 1-877-472-5437.

Head Start

Parents that want to ensure that their children are ready for school and also receive all the support they need in order to properly develop their mental, emotional, and social skills, can turn towards the Head Start program. As a federal initiative, Head Start is administered by the PA Head Start Association, and as such, you can contact them on 717-526-4646 for applications or general enquiries.

Unemployment Insurance

The U.S. Department of Labor and Industry administers the Unemployment Insurance Program. The program can assist single mothers by providing them with cash if they are unemployed due to no fault of their own. Should you wish to lodge a claim, you may get in touch with the Claims Department at 888-313-7284.

We sincerely hope that this page has assisted single mothers of Pennsylvania in finding grants that can help them overcome times of financial hardship.

++ Also read