This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Rhode Island

Sponsored links

Single mothers living in Rhode Island can actually apply for a range of assistance grants in order to help them bridge the gap during a financial crisis. On this page, we’ll be showing you where and how to apply for these grants.

Works Program

The Rhode Island Works Program was created to help families get off welfare and reach a state of self-reliance. Single mothers that need cash assistance, healthcare services, or help with finding employment can contact the Department of Huma Services at 1-855-697-4347 to see if they qualify for assistance.


The Rhode Island food assistance program is available to families with minor children that are on a very limited income. As a federally-funded initiative, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program offers electronic benefits which can be used to purchase nutritious foods. If you would like to enroll for SNAP benefits, you may call the DHS at 1-855-697-4347.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Child Care Assistance Program

CCAP is an assistance initiative that can help single mothers pay for the cost of their child care expenses. The Department of Human Services administers the program, and applicants must meet work and income requirements before co-payment benefits can be granted. Contact the DHS office at 1-855-697-4347 to see if you qualify for CCAP benefits.

Rite Care

Rite Care forms part of the federal Medicaid block grant, and can be the answer to your healthcare coverage problems. The Rite Care program is a managed care initiative available to families and children. You can apply for either the Neighborhood Health Plan or the United Healthcare Community Plan by contacting the Medicaid Office at 1-800-587-5187.

Child Support Program

The Office of Child Support Services provides a Child Support Program to single mothers who need help with the payment of their childcare expenses. The program awards benefits based on income and work requirements, but you can call the office at 401-458-4400 to see how you might be able to benefit from CSP.

Hospital Charity Care Program

The Rhode Island Department of Health provides a “free care” program, called the Charity Care assistance service, to eligible low-income families.  This program can help single mothers ensure that their family is covered for essential healthcare services at Rhode Island hospitals. To learn more about the program or to apply for benefits, get in touch with the Health Department at 410-222-5960.

State Grant Program

The Rhode Island State Grant Program assists students studying at postsecondary institutions who do not have the means to pay for the cost of their tuition. Grants are provided based on a student’s family contribution and the institution they are studying at. You can contact the Higher Education Assistance Authority on 410-736-1100 to see if your child is eligible for awards.

Unemployment Insurance

Single mothers that would like to claim unemployment benefits due to the fact that they are not employed can find help from the RI Department of Labor and Training. The DLT can help you claim benefits if you have been dismissed due to no fault of your own. Call the office at 401-462-8000 to start your claims process.

Temporary Caregiver Insurance

The TCI program is administered by the RI Department of Labor and Training as part of their aim to assist caregivers of minor children with the costs of child care. to learn more about the program’s eligibility requirements or to submit a claim, you can contact the Temporary Disability Insurance Department at 401-462-8420.

This page has hopefully armed single mothers living in Rhode Island with enough information to help them apply for assistance grants when finances are a little tight.

++ Also read