The State of South Carolina offers a range of assistance programs in order to help residents on limited incomes pay for the cost of living, in an aim to end the cycle of poverty. On this page we’ll be showing single mothers how and where they can apply for assistance grants.
Single mothers that need a supplemental food source can apply to see if their family is eligible for benefits from the federal SNAP initiative. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ensures that families with minor children have the means to purchase food items, by issuing them with electronic benefits that can be used to buy food. You can call the Assistance Department at 800-616-1309 to learn more about or apply for SNAP benefits.
The South Carolina Healthy Connections Choices is an extension of the federally-funded Medicaid program, which can help families enroll in a rage of different healthcare plans that cater to different needs. The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services administers the program, and as such, you can call them at 1-888-549-0820 if you would like to learn more about the program or if you wish to apply for assistance.
South Carolina’s Department of Childcare Services offers single mothers the opportunity to work and afford the cost of child care expenses by providing them with child care services vouchers, which can be used to pay providers. While certain income and work requirements do apply for the program, you can see how the program can benefit your family contacting the SC Voucher Operations Center at 800-476-0199.
The Department of Education administers the Special Milk Program (SMP), which ensures that eligible children receive fresh milk at schools, in order to help prevent hunger in the community. You can enroll your children in SMP by getting in touch with the Office of Nutrition and Health at 803-734-8196.
The South Carolina Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help single mothers by providing them with utility bill payment assistance, and also offers them a way of reducing the cost of their home heating and cooling expenses through weatherization programs. Those looking to apply for LIHEAP benefits should contact their local community action agency, or alternatively call the Office of Economic Opportunity at 803-734-0662 if they need help with finding a local CCA.
The State Need-Based Grant is available to South Carolina residents that are studying at postsecondary colleges and universities within the state. Awards can range between $200 and $1,500, depending on a student’s finances and the institution they are studying at. More details on the program as well as assistance with your application process can be obtained by calling the office of the Commission of Higher Education at 803-777-8134.
Head Start aims to assists minor children of South Carolina families by preparing them for school, as well as equipping them with the support they’ll need to succeed in life. Benefits can include educational services, counseling, and healthcare services, and cover is applied to children aged 5 years and younger. You can call the SC Head Start Association at 843-332-1135 if you would like to learn more about the program, or if you would like to enroll your children in the Head Start program.
As you can see, the State of South Carolina offers a wide range of assistance programs, especially designed to help single mothers during times of financial troubles.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers