Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in South Dakota

It is hard to support a family and a household with only one income. There are grants for qualified single mothers and their families in South Dakota.


In South Dakota, find need based scholarships for single mothers wanting to go back to school. Qualify by completing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The awards vary from $500 to $2,000 per student.

Contact the SD Board of Regents at (605) 773-3455 or for more information.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The South Dakota Department of Health has a WIC program that helps single mothers, infants and toddlers. Low-income families are given valuable nutrition advice and assistance to buy healthy foods in stores. They receive referrals to clinics, doctors and community service agencies. Apply by contacting a WIC clinic in the county where you live.

Call (605) 773-3361 or 1-800-738-2301 for the state office number.

SNAP food assistance for single mothers

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a source of food assistance in South Dakota. Eligibility is based on income, family size, and monthly expenses. Apply online through the Department of Social Services (DSS) website. The other options are to download an application online and mail it the nearest DSS office or drop by in person.

Contact the DSS office to ask questions, call the SNAP division at (605) 773-3493 or 1-877-999-5612 or email

TANF cash assistance for single mothers

TANF is the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program that helps low-income single mothers. To apply, visit your local DSS office and see if you are eligible. Also, visit a Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) office in your county for work assistance.

ontact the TANF program administrator at DSS by calling (605) 773-4678 or emailing


DSS has medical assistance in the form of Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance (CHIP). Eligibility requirements are found on the DSS website along with a list of services covered. Apply for benefits online or contact a local DSS office near you.


The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) has services for the uninsured or the underinsured. Check your eligibility requirements and apply for this program online.


Child Care Assistance is given to low-income families in need of regular child care. Apply online through DSS or download an application and mail it to DSS Division of Child Care Services. Contact the division at 1-800-227-3020 or Child Care Assistance at (605) 773-7274.

Unemployment Insurance (UI)

The Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) provides Unemployment Insurance (UI) to eligible individuals. File an online claim or call (605) 626-2452.

Contact the Unemployment Insurance Division by email or by phone at (605) 626-2301 if you need help.

Head Start

South Dakota Head Start Association (SDHSA) has early childhood education programs in the state and the local communities. Find a Head Start office in your area and start the application process.

For further assistance, contact SDHSA at (605) 224-4161 or


DSS has the LIHEAP, also known as Low Income Energy Assistance Program, for eligible households. Download an application and email it to or mail it to the Office of Energy Assistance.

For assistance, call 1-800-233-8503.

Everyone worries about money at some point, but as a single mother, these resources are able to help. If you are in a time of need, reach out to see what you qualify for.

Sponsored links