There are grants to help people go back to school, land a good job and more. Single mothers with low incomes should look into the many options available in Utah if they are in need of a helping hand.
Family Employment Program (FEP)
The Family Employment Program (FEP) is Utah’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Single mothers receive temporary funds not to exceed 3 years. Apply by finding a Department of Workforce Services (DWS) office near you.
Contact Utah’s DWS at (801) 526-9675 or email@example.com.
Food Stamp Program
The Food Stamp Program is known as SNAP, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Apply for food stamps online. For phone assistance, call (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414. For an in-person visit, locate the DWS office in your area.
For general information, call (801) 526-WORK (9675) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment-to-Parent Assisted Child Care Program
Utah provides state-funded child care assistance through the Payment-to-Parent Assisted Child Care Program. Apply for child care benefits online or make an appointment by calling (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414.
Medicaid is available to low-income individuals and families of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. Apply for Medicaid programs on the DWS website or use the locator tool to find an office. Find out your eligibility at (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414.
Call the Medicaid customer service line at (801) 538-6155 for Salt Lake City residents or 1-800-662-9651 for Utah residents.
CHILDREN’S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM
Utah has the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for single mothers who meet eligibility requirements. Apply for CHIP through DWS, download and mail in an application or call 1-877-543-7669 to have the application mailed to you.
For general questions, contact or 1-877-KIDS-NOW or email@example.com.
SECTION 8 VOUCHER PROGRAM (HAUC)
The Section 8 Voucher Program (HAUC) is provided by the Housing Authority of Utah County. First, fill out an eligibility form that is downloadable online. Contact the HAUC main office at (801) 373-8333 for questions.
HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE TARGET (HEAT) PROGRAM
The Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program serves low-income residents in Utah. The application process begins on November 1.
Contact your county’s HEAT office to make an appointment. The state office is available at (866) 205-4357.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) helps single mothers who are unemployed in Utah and the families they support. On the DWS site, file your claim online or by phone, search for jobs or review eligibility requirements. Find the DWS office closest to you.
HIGHER EDUCATION SUCCESS STIPEND PROGRAM (HESSP)
The University of Utah has information about grant programs for students with financial needs. Pell Grant recipients also qualify for the Higher Education Success Stipend Program (HESSP). Apply by filling out FAFSA or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Contact the university’s financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 581-6211.
Head Start is the program that provides comprehensive health and educational services for children. To apply, contact the Head Start center in or around your city.
For general questions, call 1-866-763-6481 or email HeadStart@eclkc.info.
In Utah, single mothers with low incomes can now continue on with their lives. Most grants are easy to apply for when you send in a FAFSA application. See how the state of Utah can help to improve your situation.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers