Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Utah

There are grants to help people go back to school, land a good job and more. Single mothers with low incomes should look into the many options available in Utah if they are in need of a helping hand.

Family Employment Program (FEP)

The Family Employment Program (FEP) is Utah’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Single mothers receive temporary funds not to exceed 3 years. Apply by finding a Department of Workforce Services (DWS) office near you.

Contact Utah’s DWS at (801) 526-9675 or

Food Stamp Program

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Food Stamp Program is known as SNAP, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Apply for food stamps online. For phone assistance, call (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414. For an in-person visit, locate the DWS office in your area.

For general information, call (801) 526-WORK (9675) or email

Payment-to-Parent Assisted Child Care Program

Utah provides state-funded child care assistance through the Payment-to-Parent Assisted Child Care Program. Apply for child care benefits online or make an appointment by calling (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414.


Medicaid is available to low-income individuals and families of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. Apply for Medicaid programs on the DWS website or use the locator tool to find an office. Find out your eligibility at (801) 526-0950 or 1-866-435-7414.

Call the Medicaid customer service line at (801) 538-6155 for Salt Lake City residents or 1-800-662-9651 for Utah residents.


Utah has the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for single mothers who meet eligibility requirements. Apply for CHIP through DWS, download and mail in an application or call 1-877-543-7669 to have the application mailed to you.

For general questions, contact or 1-877-KIDS-NOW or


The Section 8 Voucher Program (HAUC) is provided by the Housing Authority of Utah County. First, fill out an eligibility form that is downloadable online. Contact the HAUC main office at (801) 373-8333 for questions.


The Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program serves low-income residents in Utah. The application process begins on November 1.

Contact your county’s HEAT office to make an appointment. The state office is available at (866) 205-4357.

Unemployment Insurance

Unemployment Insurance (UI) helps single mothers who are unemployed in Utah and the families they support. On the DWS site, file your claim online or by phone, search for jobs or review eligibility requirements. Find the DWS office closest to you.


The University of Utah has information about grant programs for students with financial needs. Pell Grant recipients also qualify for the Higher Education Success Stipend Program (HESSP). Apply by filling out FAFSA or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

Contact the university’s financial aid office at or (801) 581-6211.

Head Start

Head Start is the program that provides comprehensive health and educational services for children. To apply, contact the Head Start center in or around your city.

For general questions, call 1-866-763-6481 or email

In Utah, single mothers with low incomes can now continue on with their lives. Most grants are easy to apply for when you send in a FAFSA application. See how the state of Utah can help to improve your situation.

Sponsored links