There are resources available to the sole providers of low-income families. The following programs and organizations are able to help single mothers in West Virginia.
WV WORKS is the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program in West Virginia. Temporary cash assistance is given for 5 years. Apply on the inROADS website or contact the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) office. Call (304) 558-0628 for general questions.
SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for West Virginia. Check your eligibility and apply online through inROADS or contact the DHHR office nearest you.
The West Virginia WIC program helps pregnant or breastfeeding women along with single mothers of infant children with the costs of healthy food. Apply at the nearest WIC office to you. For questions, contact the WIC Office of Nutrition Services at (304) 558-0030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WV Medicaid is the main source of medical assistance for low-income families. Review the eligibility requirements for low-income recipients recipients along with the types of covered services. Apply for benefits online, call 1-877-716-1212 or visit your closest DHHR office. Direct all of your questions to the call center at 1-800-318-2596.
CHILDREN’S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM (WV CHIP)
Children’s Health Insurance Program for West Virginians, also known as WV CHIP, is affordable healthcare for children. Apply online, download an application or apply over the phone at 1-877-716-1212. The helpline number is 1-877-982-2447 if you have questions about eligibility or the program.
CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
There is a state-funded Child Care Assistance Program that helps single mothers cover their daily or weekly child care costs. To qualify, you have to meet federal poverty income levels. Apply for child care benefits online or contact the closest Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) center.
Higher Education Grant
The West Virginia Higher Education Grant is offered based on the financial needs of low-income students. For consideration, fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by October 1. Contact the financial aid office at the College Foundation of West Virginia by calling (877) 987-7664 or (304) 558-4618.
Unemployment insurance benefits are given to eligible candidates. Single mothers may qualify if they have worked recently and are actively looking for work. Apply at the closest WorkForce WV office in your area. Contact WorkForce at 1-800-252-JOBS.
LIHEAP & Weatherization
Some programs assist you to reduce your energy bills and/or weatherize your home. The Low Income Energy & Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is one program, and the weatherization program is the other. Through the West Virginia Office of Economic Opportunity, locate the LIHEAP agency and the weatherization assistance program in the county where you live.
West Virginia Head Start has educational, healthcare and family-oriented programs for children. Apply at the Head Start program in or near your city. The WV Head Start Association is reachable at (304) 233-4450 or email@example.com.
Programs that provide social and financial assistance to single mothers are found all over West Virginia. Look through your options and find a few providers for the assistance you need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers