This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in West Virginia

Sponsored links

There are resources available to the sole providers of low-income families. The following programs and organizations are able to help single mothers in West Virginia.


WV WORKS is the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program in West Virginia. Temporary cash assistance is given for 5 years. Apply on the inROADS website or contact the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) office. Call (304) 558-0628 for general questions.


SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for West Virginia. Check your eligibility and apply online through inROADS or contact the DHHR office nearest you.

++ Popular grants for single mothers


The West Virginia WIC program helps pregnant or breastfeeding women along with single mothers of infant children with the costs of healthy food. Apply at the nearest WIC office to you. For questions, contact the WIC Office of Nutrition Services at (304) 558-0030 or dhhrwic@wv.gov.


WV Medicaid is the main source of medical assistance for low-income families. Review the eligibility requirements for low-income recipients recipients along with the types of covered services. Apply for benefits online, call 1-877-716-1212 or visit your closest DHHR office. Direct all of your questions to the call center at 1-800-318-2596.


Children’s Health Insurance Program for West Virginians, also known as WV CHIP, is affordable healthcare for children. Apply online, download an application or apply over the phone at 1-877-716-1212. The helpline number is 1-877-982-2447 if you have questions about eligibility or the program.


There is a state-funded Child Care Assistance Program that helps single mothers cover their daily or weekly child care costs. To qualify, you have to meet federal poverty income levels. Apply for child care benefits online or contact the closest Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) center.

Higher Education Grant

The West Virginia Higher Education Grant is offered based on the financial needs of low-income students. For consideration, fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by October 1. Contact the financial aid office at the College Foundation of West Virginia by calling (877) 987-7664 or (304) 558-4618.

Unemployment Insurance

Unemployment insurance benefits are given to eligible candidates. Single mothers may qualify if they have worked recently and are actively looking for work. Apply at the closest WorkForce WV office in your area. Contact WorkForce at 1-800-252-JOBS.

LIHEAP & Weatherization

Some programs assist you to reduce your energy bills and/or weatherize your home. The Low Income Energy & Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is one program, and the weatherization program is the other. Through the West Virginia Office of Economic Opportunity, locate the LIHEAP agency and the weatherization assistance program in the county where you live.

Head Start

West Virginia Head Start has educational, healthcare and family-oriented programs for children. Apply at the Head Start program in or near your city. The WV Head Start Association is reachable at (304) 233-4450 or wvhsa@comcast.net.

Programs that provide social and financial assistance to single mothers are found all over West Virginia. Look through your options and find a few providers for the assistance you need.

++ Also read