Applying for a grant program can be a step toward getting out of poverty and achieving the goals an individual has. Single mothers can look at grants and find other resources that will help them in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Works (W-2) is a job training program for income eligible adults. Apply by reviewing the full benefits and contacting the W-2 agency closest to you. Contact the Department of Children and Families at (608) 267-3905 or email@example.com.
FoodShare Wisconsin is the program to prevent hunger all over the state. Apply for food benefits online, call the Department of Health Services (DHS) agency near you, or visit the agency in person. Obtain this information by calling 1-800-362-3002.
Wisconsin Shares (Child Care)
Wisconsin Shares is the source that low-income mothers need to receive child care subsidies. Apply on the ACCESS website if you meet income and family size qualifications. For questions or assistance with an application, call 1-800-362-3002.
BadgerCare Plus is an affordable healthcare plan for single mothers and their children. Apply through ACCESS or download and fax in your application. Apply over the phone or find the DHS agency in your county. Contact customer service at 1-800-362-3002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEDA Section 8 Voucher Program
WHEDA, Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority, has a Section 8 Voucher Program for low-income people in need of housing. To participate, contact the Housing Choice Voucher Program agent in your county. Contact WHEDA at email@example.com or 1-800-334-6873.
Talent Incentive Program (TIP) Grant
Talent Incentive Program Grants (TIP) help single mothers trying to go back to school. Apply by submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Also, download the TIP Grant application, fill it out and mail it to the closest Wisconsin Educational Opportunity Program (WEOP) office.
Wisconsin Tuition Grant (WTG)
Wisconsin Tuition Grant (WTG) is another grant for low-income students within the state. Fill out the FAFSA and see if you qualify based on level of financial need. Contact the grant specialist at (608) 266-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development has unemployment insurance benefits. Assistance is provided to people who are recently unemployed. File a claim online or over the phone at (414) 438-7700 or (608) 232-0678. Email any of your questions online or over the phone at (414) 438-7713 or (608) 232-0824.
WIC is the Women, Infants and Children program for all types of families in Wisconsin. Receive a variety of nutrition and healthy food assistance services. Apply at a nearby WIC office. Contact the hotline at 1-800-722-2295.
The federal Head Start program is funded by the state of Wisconsin. Single mothers learn how to support the early growth and development of their children. They participate in relevant social, health and nutrition programs.
To get started, apply by finding a Head Start program in your area. For general questions, contact HeadStart@eclkc.info or 1-866-763-6481.
Single mothers who are trying to make it in Wisconsin can get a hand to help you move in the right direction. Reach out to these agencies to find out what your qualify for.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers