If are a resident of Atlanta and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need. Note that where listings in the Greater Atlanta 2-1-1 online database are referenced, the groups and programs listed are located in and around zip code 30303.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Atlanta
Georgia’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is the monthly cash assistance program with an employment services component for low-income families with children under age 18, and children age 18 who attend school full-time. Find out more on single mother grants at this link.
Single mother Help with Food
The Georgia Food Stamp Program, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), provides monthly benefits to low-income households to help pay for the cost of food. Find out more at this link. Low-income families and single mothers of Atlanta can also access the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program at this link. If you need more immediate assistance with food or meals, the Greater Atlanta 2-1-1 online database lists 37 different food pantries at this link, and 13 different soup kitchens at this link.
Shelter & Housing grants for single moms
Nicholas House is the only shelter in Atlanta that helps homeless families regardless of family makeup with housing and a path to self-sufficiency. The Greater Atlanta 2-1-1 online database lists 7 homeless shelters in downtown Atlanta at this link, five places to turn for mortgage payment assistance at this link, and four places to turn for rent payment assistance at this link. If you’re in danger of foreclosure, visit HomeSafe Georgia at this link.
Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) at this link helps pay for some home heating and cooling costs for low-income eligible families while the Weatherization Program at this link provides low-cost home energy conservation improvements to eligible households. In addition, the Greater Atlanta 2-1-1 online database lists three places that will help with electric bill payment assistance at this link, five places that will help with gas bill payments at this link, and three places that will help with water bill payment assistance at this link.
Telephone Bills grants for single parents
Find more about the Lifeline telephone bill assistance program and Link-Up Georgia from Georgia Public service Commission at this link.
Help with Childcare
Low-income families and single moms may apply for Childcare and Parent Services, a program that helps pay for child care for those under 13 years of age. Visit Georgia COMPASS to apply at this link. The Georgia Head Start program promotes the school readiness of children from birth to age five from low-income families by enhancing their cognitive, social, and emotional development. This program also provides Early Head Start, which serves infants, toddlers, and pregnant women and their families who have incomes below the federal poverty level. Find out more about both programs in the Atlanta area at the Metro Atlanta YMCA website at this link.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
PeachCare for Kids offers free and low-cost health insurance to uninsured, eligible children living in Atlanta and Georgia at this link. Georgia Medicaid at this link provides health coverage to thousands of needy families in Georgia, including children, pregnant women, parents, seniors and individuals with disabilities. The Greater Atlanta 2-1-1 online database lists 12 places in downtown Atlanta that provide general dentistry services at this link, and a host of places to receive all kinds of different medical care at this link.
Help for single mothers with Legal Matters
Help with Financial Counseling
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are many groups in Atlanta that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Salvation Army of Atlanta: Link.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Georgia: Link.
Catholic Charities Atlanta: Link.
Greater Atlanta 2-1-1: Link.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers