If you are a single mother living in Baltimore and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
Maryland has Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), its version of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, which provides cash assistance to families and single mothers with dependent children when available resources do not fully address the family’s needs and while preparing program participants for independence through work. Many of the other groups listed on this page will also provide some small amount of cash assistance for single mothers, just ask.
Food assistance for single mothers
For the most extensive listing you’ll ever need on where to get food in Baltimore, use the Maryland Community Services Locator. It lists scores of places you can go to get food or a meal when needed. Also, the Baltimore Mayor’s Office of Human Services has a Community Action Partnership with programs related to Food and Nutrition.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter & Housing
For the most extensive listing you’ll ever need on where to get help with housing costs or emergency shelter in Baltimore, use the Maryland Community Services Locator. It lists scores of places you can go to get all kinds of different housing help, from homeless shelters to rental assistance, to home ownership assistance. If you are a single mother, find financial assistance today .
Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers
Maryland’s Office of Home Energy has several different programs for Energy Assistance, all of which can be applied for at the same time. The Fuel Fund of Maryland can also help with energy bills. In addition, many of the groups listed on this page will provide help with utilities if you ask.
Help with Telephone Bills
Maryland participates in the Lifeline Telephone Service program.
Childcare grants for single moms
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program, formerly the Purchase of Care (POC) Program, assists eligible families living in Baltimore County with childcare costs while parents work, attend school or training. There are also lots of Head Start sites in Baltimore.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Options for free or low-cost health and dental care in Baltimore include the following:
FreeClinics.com lists 15 specific clinics in Baltimore/
FreeClinicDirectory lists many more options for healthcare.
The Baltimore City Health Department also runs several clinics and services.
Help with Legal Matters
The Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) has a mission to provide quality legal assistance to Marylanders with limited income at low or no cost.
Financial Counseling for single moms
Guidewell Financial Solutions is what used to be called Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Maryland and Delaware, Inc. (CCCS) and can help with all kinds of financial counseling services. Also, the Baltimore Mayor’s Office of Human Services has a Community Action Partnership with programs related to Financial Empowerment.
Help from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Baltimore that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following: