If you are a single mother living in Cleveland and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need as a single parent.
Cash Assistance for single moms
The Ohio Works First (OWF) is the financial assistance part of Ohio’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). Also, the Disability Financial Assistance Program provides a monthly cash assistance benefit to eligible low-income, disabled individuals who do not meet all the eligibility requirements necessary to receive help from other federal and state programs. Both the two programs are under Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Last-resort cash assistance can also be obtained from Cuyahoga County Family and Children First Council at this link. Another cash assistance program in Cuyahoga County is the Prevention, Retention and Contingency (PRC) Program at this link.
Food benefits for single mothers
The Ohio Food Assistance Program (FAP) can be found at this link, which is federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is designed to raise nutritional levels, to expand buying power, and to safeguard the health and well being of individuals in low-income households in Ohio. A variety of statewide food assistance programs are described by the state Office of Family Assistance at this link. HomelessShelterDirectory has a very long list of soup kitchens and food pantries in the Cleveland area at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing benefits for single mothers
The HomelessShelterDirectory has a list of the homeless shelters and services for the needy in Cleveland and surrounding cities at this link. For all other housing-related assistance, your best bet is to chat online with a resource specialist at 2-1-1 Greater Cleveland at this link.
Energy and Utilities benefits for single mothers
The Ohio’s Home Weatherization Assistance Program at this link is a federally funded, low-income residential energy efficiency program. The program reduces low-income households’ energy use, thus creating more affordable housing for those in most need. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) at this link is a federally funded program administered by the Ohio Department of Development, Office of Community Service (OCS). It is designed to help eligible low-income Ohioans meet the high costs of home heating. A comprehensive listing of energy assistance programs can be found at The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio at this link.
Help with Telephone Bills
Ohio participates in the Lifeline telephone bill assistance program, information for which can be found at The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio at this link.
Childcare grants for single mothers
The Child Care Assistance program is a state program to help low-income families and single moms pay for child care, applied to from the county office at this link.
Help with Medical Care
In Cleveland, there is a Free Medical Clinic of Greater Cleveland at this link offering free medical and counseling services to the needy families. MetroHealth System has a page that talks about what you should do if you need care but can’t pay for it at this link. FreeClinics.com lists 15 options for free or low-cost medical care in Cleveland at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
Low-income residents of Cleveland and surrounding areas can get legal help from the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland at this link.
Help with Financial Counseling
You can connect with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) a certified consumer Credit Counselor for low-income families and single mothers. They also offer other helpful financial programs. Find out more at this link.
Help for single parents from Other Groups
For just about any help you need as a single mother, you can always chat online with a resource specialist at 2-1-1 Greater Cleveland at this link. Other groups in Cleveland that provide all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above include the following:
Salvation Army Greater Cleveland: Link.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland: Link.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Cleveland: Link.