If you are a single mom living in Colorado Springs and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance for single moms
Colorado Works at this link is Colorado’s version of the Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). It provides cash assistance to low-income families and single mothers. That same page also talks about Diversion II is an alternative to applying for ongoing Colorado Works for people who are ready and eager to work but still need some assistance in getting there.
Food benefits for single moms
The Food Assistance (SNAP) program at this link enables low-income families and single mothers to buy nutritious food with an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. If you need more immediate assistance with food, the Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 online database lists 120 different groups and programs that offer various kinds of food assistance, including food pantries and soup kitchens at this link. You can also check out the listing for Colorado Springs on FoodPantries.org at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing benefits for single mothers
The Salvation Army El Paso County at this link operates three transitional housing programs for families and single men and women. Partners in Housing at this link can provide homeless families and individuals with one year of transitional housing. Rocky Mountain Community Land Trust at this link helps limited-income families buy their first home by investing a minimum of 20 percent of the purchase price of a home that is currently on the market. The Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 online database lists 21 different shelter options at this link, 23 options for receiving rental assistance at this link, and 17 options for mortgage assistance at this link.
Energy and Utilities help for single mothers
Colorado’s Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is a state-run program that accepts applications for energy bill payment assistance for needy people living in Colorado at this link. The Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 online database lists 50 different options for getting help to pay for various utilities at this link.
Help with Telephone Bills
Universal Service Administrative Company has a page about Colorado Lifeline listing all the different carriers with links to get you to that carrier’s page about getting the Lifeline telephone bill discount at this link.
Childcare assistance for single mothers
Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) at this link is a program designed to provide childcare subsidies to low income families for childcare during employment, job search or school/college. CPCD is the group that runs Head Start and Early Head start programming in Colorado Springs. Find out more at this link.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Colorado Medicaid at this link provides health coverage to millions of Colorado residents, including children, pregnant women, parents, single mothers, seniors and individuals with disabilities. Medicaid for Children at this link is for the low-income children from birth through 18. The Colorado Coalition for the Medically Underserved provides tons of information about getting affordable health insurance and free or reduced-cost medical care at this link. The Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 online database lists 270 options for addressing medical and dental concerns at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
Colorado Legal Services at this link is the main provider of free or low-cost legal help to low-income people.
Financial Counseling for single mothers
As a non-profit agency, Trinity provides counseling and debt management services for individuals and families who are experiencing debt problems. Find out more at this link.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Colorado Springs that provide single parents all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
St. Vincent de Paul Society Colorado Springs: Link.
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado: Link.
Salvation Army Colorado Springs: Link.
Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1: Link.