If you are a single mother living in Fresno and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need as a single mother.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program at this link is the state implementation of the federal Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program (TANF). Fresno County also has a General Relief program for single mothers, individuals and childless couples at this link. The county also has a refugee Temporary Assistance program at this link and a Temporary Assistance program for Immigrants at this link.
Single mother Help with Food
CalFresh (Formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) provides monthly benefits to help low-income households and single mothers to purchase the food they need. Find more information at this link. If you need more immediate help with food, Fresno County’s 2-1-1 Central Valley database lists 21 different area food pantries at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing benefits for single moms
If you need emergency shelter, Fresno County’s 2-1-1 Central Valley database lists 14 shelters at this link. You can also visit the HomelessShelterDirectory list at this link. Fresno County also has a limited Homeless Assistance program at this link. If you are a single mother needing help with rent payments, the 2-1-1 database lists four different options at this link.
Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides financial assistance to help offset an eligible Fresno County household’s home energy costs at this link. The State of California’s Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to eligible single mothers and families that are in a crisis situation at this link. PG&E, the electricity company for the area, has a page about its different assistance programs at this link. Finally, the 2-1-1 Central Valley database lists 9 different options for electric bill assistance at this link and 9 options for help with gas bills at this link.
Help with Telephone Bills
You can get a good discount on your telephone bill through the California Lifeline Program at this link.
Childcare grants for single mothers
Children’s Home Society of California has three Child Care Payment Programs that provide subsidized child care services to eligible families at this link. California’s Department of Social Services has a page that explains how child care subsidies work in the state at this link. The Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission (EOC) has a great site all about Head Start programming in the county at this link and another site about Early Head Start programs at this link.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Fresno County’s 2-1-1 Central Valley database lists 15 clinics where you can get a wide variety of healthcare needs addressed at this link. It also lists 13 different places to get dental care at this link, and 29 places to receive medical care at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
Financial Counseling for single mothers
Fresno County’s 2-1-1 Central Valley database lists four different places you can go to get credit and financial counseling services at this link.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Fresno that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Catholic Charities: Link.
Salvation Army: Link.
2-1-1 Central Valley: Link.