If you are a single mother living in Long Beach and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program at this link is the state implementation of the federal Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program (TANF). Los Angeles County also has a General Relief program for those with no means of support at this link and a Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) at this link.
Food assistance for single mothers
CalFresh (Formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) provides monthly benefits to help low-income households to purchase the food they need. Find more information at this link. If you need more immediate help with food, the 2-1-1 LA online database lists hundreds of places to get food at food pantries at this link and sup kitchens at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing assistance for single mothers
If you need emergency shelter, the 2-1-1 LA Country online database lists many shelters at this link. If you need help with rent payments, the 2-1-1 database lists many different options at this link and many others for mortgage payment assistance at this link.
Single mother Help with Energy and Utilities
The 2-1-1 LA County online database a special page with the biggest utility assistance programs in LA and Long Beach at this link. The State of California’s Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to eligible households that are in a crisis situation at this link.
Help with Telephone Bills
If you are a single mother, you can get a good discount on your telephone bill through the California Lifeline Program at this link.
Childcare benefits for single moms
Children’s Home Society of California has three Child Care Payment Programs that provide subsidized child care services to eligible families at this link. California’s Department of Social Services has a page that explains how child care subsidies work in the state at this link. LA County has a CalWORKs Child Care Program at this link. For information about Head Start and Early Head Start in and around Los Angeles, including Long Beach, visit this link.
Medical and Dental assistance for single mothers
My Health LA provides primary health care at no cost to eligible families and single mothers of Los Angeles County. MHLA is not insurance. MHLA is a health care program for the uninsured (and un-insurable) residents of Los Angeles. Find out more at this link, which also has other healthcare information. The 2-1-1 LA County online database lists hundreds of county clinics at this link, community clinics at this link, and many different dental clinics at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
The main source for low-income legal services is the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, which does have a Long Beach office you can find at this link.
Help with Financial Counseling
The 2-1-1 LA County online database lists 130 options for getting personal financial counseling services at this link, but on the map you can click on the one in Long Beach, which is Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Long Beach that provide single parents all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Los Angeles: Link.
Catholic Charities LA: Link.
Salvation Army Long Beach: Link.
2-1-1 LA County: Link.