If you are a single mother living in Mesa and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance programs for single parents
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in AZ takes the form of a Cash Assistance program at this link to provide temporary cash benefits and supportive services to the neediest of Arizona’s children and their families. Arizona also has a Grant Diversion (GD) Program offered to applicants who meet TANF Cash Assistance eligibility requirements. GD is a one-time lump-sum payment to assist with expenses while the participant seeks full-time employment. Find out more about single mother grants at this link.
Food assistance programs for single mothers
The Arizona Food Ministry at this link delivers up to 200 food boxes to families in Mesa every week. Each food box contains enough food to sustain a family of 5 for 4 to 5 days. St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance at this link distributes Emergency Food Boxes, at no cost, to individuals and families in need. Free food can also be obtained at Desert Manna Food Pantry at this link. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in Arizona at this link supplies EBT cards that can be used just like debit cards to buy food. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) at this link provides needy people of Arizona with a variety of Food assistance to help feed them and their families in an emergency situation. For a full listing of places to get food and meals in and around Mesa, visit the 2-1-1 Maricopa County online database food page at this link.
Shelter & Housing programs for single parents
The 2-1-1 Maricopa County online database lists 24 different homeless shelter at this link, 21 places that can help with rent payment assistance at this link, and 10 places that can help with mortgage payment assistance at this link.
Energy assistance programs for single mothers
The Low Income Energy Conservation (LIEC) Program at this link works in partnership with the Arizona Energy Office to provide free energy audits, conservation education, and comprehensive weatherization materials that increase energy efficiency and safety in the homes of low-income customers. The 2-1-1 Maricopa County online database lists 33 options for receiving electric bill assistance at this link, 27 options for gas bill assistance at this link, 5 options for getting help with medical bills at this link, and 22 options for getting help with water bills at this link.
Telephone Bills assistance for single mothers
In order to make phone call service more affordable for low-income households, CenturyLink, formerly known as Qwest, provides the Lifeline Discount Program to needy resident of Mesa and throughout Arizona at this link.
Childcare grants for single mothers
The Department of Economic Security provides Child Care Assistance to help eligible families with the cost of childcare so that parents can go to work or attend training or school, or other approved activities. Find out more at this link. Head Start and Early Head Start programming is available in Maricopa County through this link.
Medical benefits for single mothers
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) at this link offers several low or no cost medical coverage programs to Arizona needy families and children. The 2-1-1 Maricopa County online database lists 42 options for getting general dental care at this link, and 59 places to go to for a wide ranger of general healthcare issues at this link. It also has a page where you can zero in on a range of specific health issues at this link.
Help with Financial Counseling
GreenPath at this link is one of the largest and most respected non-profit financial wellness and credit counseling organizations in Arizona. The 2-1-1 Maricopa County online database lists a total of 16 places that can help with budget, credit, and debt counseling at this link.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are many groups in Mesa that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
St. Vincent de Paul Mesa: Link.
Catholic Charities Community Services Arizona: Link.
Salvation Army Mesa: Link.
2-1-1 Maricopa County: Link.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers