If you are a single mother residing in Omaha and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in Nebraska is called Aid to Dependent Children (ADC). The program provides cash assistance to low-income families and single mothers with minor children. Find out more at this link.
Food grants for single mothers
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to thousands of eligible, low-income individuals, single mothers and families and provides economic benefits to low-income earners of Omaha through this link. There is also the Nebraska WIC Program at this link, which provides healthy food at no cost, breastfeeding support and nutrition information to more than 45,000 people across the state each month. The Nebraska 2-1-1 online database lists 120 different food pantries in the area at this link (scroll down to where it says “food pantries”),
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing grants for single mothers
The Nebraska 2-1-1 database lists 36 different shelters of various kinds in and around Omaha at this link (scroll down to where it says “shelter”), as well as 85 different places to turn to for help in paying your rent at this link (scroll down to where it says “rent payment assistance).
Energy and Utilities assistance for single mothers
The Nebraska Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) at this link helps families and single moms with limited incomes offset the cost of heating and cooling their homes. The program partially pays the cost of electricity, fuel oil, gas, coal, wood, kerosene, propane, etc. The Nebraska Weatherization (WAP) at this link is making homes more energy efficient. The Nebraska 2-1-1 online database lists 13 places to turn to for assistance in paying your utilities bills at this link (scroll down to where you see “rent payment assistance).
Help with Telephone Bills
The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) at this link assists qualifying low-income families and single mothers with keeping telephone services affordable by lowering monthly service rates.
Single mother help with Childcare
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) may be able to help with the cost of childcare through its Child Care Subsidy Program at this link. There is also Omaha Public Schools Head Start at this link that provides a learning environment that supports children’s growth in many areas such as language, literacy, and social and emotional development.
Medical and Dental Care for single mothers
Nebraska Medicaid at this link provides health care services to eligible elderly and disabled individuals and eligible low-income pregnant women, children and parents. There is also a list of seven clinics for medical and dental care in or near Omaha at FreeClinics.com through this link.
Help with Legal Matters
Legal Aid of Nebraska at this link provides legal help to low-income people in civil matters.
Financial Counseling for single mothers
The GreenPath Financial Wellness at this link offers a full range of credit counseling, debt management, financial education, housing counseling, student loan counseling, and bankruptcy counseling and education services to low-income earners in Omaha.
Help for single moms from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Omaha that provide all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Salvation Army of Omaha: Link.
Catholic Charities Omaha: Link.
St. Vincent de Paul Society Omaha: Link.
Nebraska 2-1-1: Link.