If you are a single mother living in Tulsa and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The Oklahoma Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) at this link provide temporary support in meeting basic needs, training leading to employment, employment services, and day care assistance for qualified families and single mothers with children. While receiving cash assistance, the adult recipients are required to work or participate in activities geared toward work and achieving self-sufficiency.
Single mother Help with Food
The Oklahoma Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at this link provides monthly food stamps to help low-income people and families buy food. Another program is Oklahoma Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) at this link, which provides healthy meals and snacks to children and adults in daycare. The online 2-1-1 database for the area lists 27 food pantries at this link, and 45 places to get a meal when you need one at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Shelter and Housing benefits for single mothers
The online 2-1-1 database for the area lists 12 homeless shelters in the Tulsa County portion of Tulsa at this link and seven groups that can help single mothers with rent assistance at this link. The Tulsa City-County Library also has a good list of shelters at this link.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services administers the Oklahoma Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) to provide seasonal assistance to low-income families and single mothers for winter heating bills and help for families who have received utility cut-off notices. Find out more at this link.
Single mother Help with Telephone Bills
The Oklahoma State Telephone Assistance Program (Link-Up and Lifeline) at this link provides discounts on installation charges for telephone service to eligible low-income Tulsa program participants.
Single mother Help with Childcare
CAP Tulsa has an array of Early Childhood Education programs as part of their anti-poverty efforts. Visit the website at this link. Information about Oklahoma’s subsidized childcare benefits can be found at this link.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
The Oklahoma SoonerCare (Medicaid) at this link is a health insurance program that provides health care to eligible children under the age of 19, adults with children under the age of 18, pregnant women and people who are older than 65 or have blindness or another disability. The Oklahoma Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility (MPE) Program at this link offers immediate, temporary coverage for Tulsa individuals and families who are likely to be eligible for Medicaid. FreeClinics.com lists 14 options for getting free or low-cost medical care in Tulsa at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
If you are struggling with a civil legal issue, or don’t understand your legal rights, there’s hope. If you qualify as low-income, the attorneys and paralegals at the Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma (LASO) at this link can help with civil, non-criminal cases.
Financial Counseling for single mothers
Credit Counseling Centers of Oklahoma (CCCS of Oklahoma) has joined Money Management International (MMI) to provide residents of Tulsa with in-person counseling and education services via their local branch office. Visit the website for info on single mother benefits at this link.
Help from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Tulsa that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Catholic Charities Tulsa: Link.
Salvation Army Tulsa: Link.
2-1-1 Online Database of Resources: Link.