If you are a resident of Virginia Beach and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need as a single mother.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program of Virginia provides eligible families and single mothers with a monthly cash payment to meet their basic needs at this link. The Virginia 2-1-1 online database lists and additional 62 other places to turn for financial assistance in and around Virginia Beach at this link.
Single mother Help with Food
SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is a benefit that can be used like cash to buy eligible food items from authorized retailers. Find out more at this link. The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore serves the area that is shown in their map. Just enter your zip code to find an agency near you at this link. The Virginia 2-1-1 online database lists 10 different options for getting the food assistance you need at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing assistance for single mothers
The Virginia Supportive Housing (VSH) provides permanent supportive housing in Single Room Occupancy (SRO) apartment complexes to needy families in Virginia Beach at this link. ACCESS AIDS provides permanent supportive housing to homeless persons living with HIV/AIDS at this link. The Virginia 2-1-1 online database lists seven different homeless shelters in the area at this link,
Energy assistance for single mothers
The main aim of Energy Assistance (EA) in Virginia at this link is to help eligible low-income families and single mothers offset expenses associated with heating and/or cooling their home. The Virginia 2-1-1 online database lists 18 different options for getting help pay for utilities.
Telephone Bills assistance for single mothers
Virginia Beach participates in the Lifeline telephone bill assistance program, whereby eligible people can receive a discount on their telephone bills, and maybe even a free cell phone. A list of participating carriers can be found at this link.
Single mother help with Childcare
The Child Care Subsidy Program provides financial assistance to eligible families to help pay for the cost of childcare so they can work or attend education or training programs. Find out more at this link. Head Start and Early Head start programming is available in the area. Find Head Start programs in Virginia Beach at this link.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
There are several Medical Assistance Programs offered in Virginia at this link. Each program covers different groups of people and each program has different eligibility requirements. There are 9 clinics in or near Virginia Beach listed by FreeClinics.com at this link. You can also visit Beach Health Clinic at this link, which is a non-profit organization that provides quality comprehensive health and dental care to the residents of Virginia Beach that are under 200% of the federal poverty level.
Help with Legal Matters
The Virginia Legal Aid Society is the main provider of free legal services for those who can’t afford a lawyer.
Financial Counseling for single parents
ABNB at this link strives to deliver financial services in a manner that improves their members’ lives and benefits the community when it comes to financial counseling.
Help for single moms from Other Groups
There are many groups in Virginia Beach that provide single moms all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
St. Vincent de Paul Society Virginia Beach: Link.
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia: Link.
Salvation Army of Hampton Roads: Link.
Virginia 2-1-1: Link.