Low-income assistance programs are run by numerous organizations, companies, and charities that offer single mothers help with bill payments, emergency needs, and other needs that might arise in times of financial crisis. Below we’ll cover some of the best programs that assist low-income single moms, families and individuals across the country.
Food assistance for single mothers
The United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service division offers a couple of different food assistance programs. Some of the most influential programs include SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children), and TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program). For more information on specific single mother programs and eligibility requirements, visit their website or call the office on 703-305-2062.
Shelter and Housing grants for single moms
Single moms, families and individuals that fall in the low-income bracket may be eligible for rental assistance housing from the HUD Public Housing Assistance Program. Local Public Housing Agencies determine eligibility and application requirements for this Federal and State run initiative. To apply for assistance, you’ll need to contact your local agency, which you can find using the locator tool. Alternatively, you can visit the website or call the office on 1-800-955-2232 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. for more information on single mother grants.
Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers
LIHEAP is a Federal assistance program that aims at assisting low-income single mothers, families and individuals with their home energy bills. To find out if you qualify for assistance, you may contact your Local LIHEAP Office. Alternatively, you can call the Contact Center on 866-674-6327 or visit the website for more information on single mom benefits.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The Lifeline Assistance Program helps low-income families and individuals with free mobile phone services and reduced internet cost services. The program is provided by Access Wireless and the Federal Communications Commission. For more information on the benefits of Lifeline, please visit their website. To apply for assistance, you can contact the call center on 1-888-900-5899.
Childcare assistance for single mothers
Low-income single mothers with children up to the age of 5 may be able to benefit from the Head Start and Early Head Start programs. These programs include educational, nutritional, social, developmental, and health assistance for children up to the age of 5. For detailed information on both programs, please contact the call center on 1-886-763-6481 or visit the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The HRSA (Health Resources and Service Administration) is a health assistance program provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. They offer more than 90 programs that benefit less-fortunate families and individuals across the country. To find out if you are eligible for assistance, complete the electronic contact form on the website or call the office on 877-464-4772.
Alternatively, you might also be eligible for support from the Medicaid Program if you fall under the low-income bracket. For detailed information and eligibility requirements regarding Medicaid, please visit their website or call your local Medicaid Office.
Help With Legal Matters
Legal Aid is a legal assistance program funded by LSC Legal. This program can assist low-income individuals and families with family law issues, housing assistance, consumer-related issues, and income and employment issues. To find out if you are eligible for assistance, contact the Washington office on 202-295-1500 or visit the LSC website.
Financial Counseling for single parents
If you are in need of help with credit, money management, or budgeting assistance, you may be eligible for support from MMI. Counseling is offered online and via telephone, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day by the team of qualified counselors. For information on how to schedule in-person consults, please refer to the MMI’s website.
We have highlighted some of the most reputable low-income assistance programs across the country that aim to help single mothers who need it most. As you can see, there are various sources that can lend a helping hand when finances are a little tight.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers