When unemployment rates skyrocketed and the economy took a nosedive, the Obama Administration put into effect many different types of programs to help people from losing their homes. These are some of those single mother programs which are designed to help with mortgage payment.
The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) is a way for single mother homeowners to get the help they need before their home goes into foreclosure. Through the process, a family that is having a hard time paying bills can have their mortgage rates reduced to 31% of their income. In many cases, mortgages can be decreased up to $1000. To have questions answered about the program, call (888) 995-4673.
Principal Reduction Alternative (PRA) is a way to reduce the unpaid principal balance on a home by dividing it into separate accounts. There is an interest-bearing principle account along with a non-interest account. Over the course of three years, if the homeowner can complete payments adequately, the non-interest account is reduced to zero. More details can be discovered by calling (888) 995-4673.
Second Lien Modification Program (2MP) is for individuals that have permanently switched to the HAMP mortgage modification and they now have a second mortgage on that property. This allows for a reduction in principal on that second mortgage. Call (888) 955-4673 for more information on single mother benefits.
Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program that allows people whose homes have lost value to have their mortgage reevaluated. Through the process the interest rate may be reduced, payments can be decreased, or a shorter term loan can be awarded. Details can be discovered by contacting your current mortgage lender or any HARP lender. Call (800) 7-FANNIE or (800) FREDDIE to find out more on grants for single moms.
Treasury/ FHA Second Lien Program is an alteration of the Home Affordable Program or the Obama Mortgage. Previously this was only available to people on their first mortgage. Now, the program can be used with those on their second mortgage as well. They have the option of getting reduced payments or paying off the loan with a lump sum payment. Contact (866) 939-4469 to discover the details on mortgage assistance for single mothers.
Home Affordable for Unemployment Program (UP) is offered to individuals that have recently become unemployed. It stops all monthly mortgage payments or they can be reduced to 31% of gross income for up to one year through the program. Call (888) 995-4673 to learn more about assistance for single parents.
Emergency Homeowners’ Loan Program (EHLP) is a program that varies slightly from state to state. There are funds available to help people that need a declining balance, deferred payments, or help to pay arrearages like delinquent taxes or insurance. The program is available through HUD and details can be found by calling (202) 708-1112 or by contacting your local HUD office.
Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) gives people $10,000 to relocate and allows them to get out from underneath a property that they no longer want through a short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. Details can be obtained by calling (888) 995-4673.
If you are concerned you are going to lose your home, discover how these single mother assistance programs can help.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers