Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Rent Assistance for Single Mothers

Simply paying the rent every month is not easy for some single mothers. Find all types of providers, from federal agencies to nonprofits organizations, that are able to provide rental assistance for single mothers.

Salvation Army Housing assistance for single mothers

The Salvation Army has various housing and homeless services for people with temporary or long-term needs. The national organization has centers that help people all over the country. The main provisions are emergency food, clothing and sheltering. Additional provisions include youth activities, church ministries, Christmas assistance and missing persons’ services. Visit the website link for more information and to find a Salvation Army closest to you.

Catholic Charities helps single moms

Catholic Charities USA has anti-homelessness resources for those in need of emergency sheltering, rental assistance, foreclosure prevention and long-term, affordable housing. Find at least 160 charities in the U.S., and contact one in or near your zip code. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

YWCA assistance for single mothers

YWCA helps low-income women and single mothers with services for racial justice, job advancements and anti-domestic violence. Find a local YWCA association to help you. Contact the Washington D.C. center at (202) 467-0801 or Visit the website link for more information.

FEMA Housing Portal

After a disaster, FEMA helps you find a new, affordable place to live. The FEMA housing portal allows you to search from local selections of condos, town homes, mobile homes, single family homes and apartments. Narrow your selections down by the number of bedrooms and bathrooms along with the maximum cost and lease term. Call to ask about FEMA housing resources at (800) 621-FEMA. Visit the website link for more information.

HOME Investment Partnerships Program

The HOME Investment Partnerships Program is federal assistance for the development and promotion of affordable housing in the U.S. The program provides grants to states, which use the funds to build or restore houses for low-income individuals. Contact a local administrator of the HOME program, or find the HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) field office closest to you. Visit the website link for more information.

Housing Counseling Assistance Program

The Housing Counseling Assistance Program helps people in need of foreclosure and mortgage advice. Get information about renting or buying a home, owning a home, preventing homelessness and more. To receive free or affordable housing advice, find a nearby housing counseling agency (HCA) or call (800) 569-4287. Visit the website link for more information.

HUD Public Housing Program for single parents

HUD’s Public Housing Program serves millions of residents living in low-income apartments and homes. At a housing agency (HA), check your eligibility based on income limits. Review the program requirements and fill out an application. Review the program requirements and fill out an application. You can also contact the closest HUD field office for assistance. Visit the website link for more information.

Rural Rental Assistance

USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) provides Rural Rental Assistance to build apartments for low-income tenants. Owners of Rural Rental Housing and Farm Labor Housing projects are eligible to apply for assistance. Contact your state’s Rural Development (RD) office for more information. Visit the website link for more information.


Section 8 Rental Certificate program recipients choose from a variety of affordable housing options. Receive a Section 8 certificate that allows you to live in an affordable rental unit funded by a public housing authority (PHA). Contact your local PHA to apply for a certificate. For further assistance, contact the HUD Office of Rental Assistance. Visit the website link for more information.

Social Serve assists single mothers

Social Serve helps you find affordable housing resources in your community. This nonprofit organization provides job training, life skills counseling and disaster relocation services. Search for your home rental or purchase by state. Call 1-877-428-8844 or (704) 334-8722 if you have questions. Send your emails to Visit the website link for more information.

In a world where jobs are hard to come by and rental prices are high, find comfort knowing that people are trying to help single mothers. Look for the groups that are offering support in your state and local community.

Sponsored links