Weatherizaton Assistance for single mothers
If your home is cold in the winter, and your utility bill is too high all year round weatherizing your house will help solve those problems. Weatherization is a process of auditing your home for energy loss ,then taking steps such as adding insulation or caulking and weatherstripping to make the residence more energy efficient, and more comfortable.
The overall goal of the Weatherization program is to serve low-income single mothers that are most vulnerable to high-energy costs and who do not have the means of making cost-effective energy conservation improvements to their homes. Weatherization will reduce energy consumption, increase safety and comfort while reducing your utility bill. Renters and homeowners are both eligible for assistance. The elderly, persons with disabilities and families with children receive priority.
Learn more about the weatherization process and find your local agency by visiting this page or call 603-271-2155.
Credit Counseling for single mothers
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Have you lost control of your finances? Are you at risk of losing your car or home because you are always late with the payments? Once you are working with a credit counseling agency the calls at work from creditors can be stopped. Consumers are taught how to live within a budget and the way to prepare for large expenditures. Credit counseling can help you manage your money and bring order to your life.
Consumer Credit Counseling In New Hampshire can assist with the following:
- credit card issues
- personal loans and lines of credit
- medical bills
- collections and repossessions
- IRS Debt and Back Taxes
Call 877-850-DEBT (3328) for debt relief or learn more about financial options.
Food Assistance for single moms
Are you or your family experiencing hunger? Is there not enough food for everyone in the home? Do not hesitate to use the resources if you need them. America has more than enough food to feed everyone.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for single mothers
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) was created to help low-income individuals, single mothers and families afford nutritous foods. The SNAP program (formerly known as Food Stamps) is the largest food safety net in the country.
SNAP benefits can be used to purchase most foods and beverages at most retail grocers and at some health food stores. You cannot use SNAP for hot meals or food that is ready to eat or pet food, tobacco, alcohol, paper or soap products, or any non-food item.
If you are homeless or have little money to cover your current expenses, you may be eligible to receive your assistance within 7 days, if not sooner, and may not have to provide certain proofs until a later time. Do not hesitate to apply for Food Stamp benefits. Your eligibility begins the day you apply and you will receive benefits even for partial months. More about applying for SNAP. Call for information. 603-271-9700 or 800-852-3345, ext.9700. TDD 800-735-2964
While some cannot wait until the latest mega-smartphone is released, there are others who have no phone at all. Even in the age of hi-tech there are some people who have no access to a telephone because they cannot afford one.
Because a phone is a necessity, there is a federally funded program called Lifeline that offers a $9.25 monthly discount on telephone service. Eligible customers can receive savings for one phone per household, for landline or wireless phone. To apply for Lifeline contact your local telephone service provider. You can also find more information at this website.
Single Mother Assistance with Utility Bills
Have you fallen behind in paying your utility bill? There are organizations that can help. In New Hampshire an 1840’s statute requires towns and cities to provide emergency welfare services to the poor.
– The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program or LIHEAP, is one of the services resulting from that requirement. LIHEAP is designed to help eligible low-income single mothers , individuals and families pay excessively high utility bills. LIHEAP may also assist with pending disconnect situations. Here you will find a resource list for the entire state. Learn where you will find local agencies and resources. Contact by phone 603-271-8317 or 603-271-2685.
– The easiest way to reduce your power bill is by conserving energy. This website will provide you with the information you need to prevent energy loss.
– Look here for tax credits, rebates and incentives.
– Unitil utility assistance resources.
– Learn about the Electric Assistance Program. for single mothers
– Southern New Hampshire Services Heating, Repair and Replacement.
– The Community Action Program Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc. Fill out the online form or call 603-225-3295.
– The Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center Firewide is provided to residents of Hillsborough County who burn wood for heat but cannot afford to buy wood. Call 588-2620 to find out additional information.
Free or Low-cost Medical and Dental Care for single moms
Coos County Family Health Clinic – Pleasant Street 603-752-2040
Medical service provides primary care, pharmacy, OB/GYN, pediatric, health education, dental, Sexually Transmitted Diseases testing and care, Hepatitis C testing, HIV testing and treatment, geriatic care. Find additional information about the clinic.
Concord Hospital Family Health Center Hillsborough 603-464-3434
The Health Center accepts uninsured, underinsured, insured, Medicare and Medicaid. Financial assistance is available. Primary care, women’s health, OB/GYN, mental health counseling, family planning, geriatric, dental.
Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention
If you are a single mother facing eviction from your residence after foreclosure find answers to your questions. You need to know what legal rights and responsibilities you may have.