If you are having a hard time paying your bills and you are living in Charlotte, there are a number of agencies, churches, companies, and institutions you can approach to ask for help during this time of need.
Crisis Assistance Ministry
The Crisis Assistance Ministry’s financial assistance program is not done on a first-come, first-serve basis, but is based on the urgency of their clients’ needs. Each client is evaluated, and the client who has the most urgent of needs are prioritized first. In order to be evaluated, you need to bring the following: photo ID, proof of Social Security number, proof of income, utility statements, and rental lease. Aside from giving financial assistance, Crisis Assistance Ministry has a Free Store which gives free clothing, shoes, and other personal items to those in need. It also has a Furniture Bank which gives furniture essentials such as tables, chairs, mattresses, and beds. Phone number is 704-371-3001 and website is http://www.crisisassistance.org/index.php. If you are a single mother, get financial help today.
Matthews Help Center
++++ Sponsored links ++++
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Matthews HELP Center has a Financial Crisis Assistance program which is designed to help economically challenged individuals, single mothers and families meet their basic needs, such as food, rent, and utilities. It has a Food Pantry where clients are given a one-week supply of groceries and personal hygiene items. The Backporch Treasures Thrift Boutique also gives gently used clothing and household items at no cost. In order to qualify, you need to bring a photo ID, proof of Social Security number, proof of income, proof of urgent need, and rental lease. Phone number is 704-847-8383 and website is http://www.matthewshelpcenter.org/index.html.
Salvation Army assists single mothers
The Salvation has a Crisis Assistance program to help with rent, mortgage, utility bills, and prescription medication payments. It also provides food and clothing for single mothers and families in need. Some of the requirements you need to bring with you is a valid photo ID, proof of Social Security number, and other supporting documents that give proof you have an urgent need. Phone number is 704-714-4727 and website is https://www.salvationarmycarolinas.org/.
Good Fellows Club
The Good Fellows Club provides emergency financial assistance to Charlotte families and single mothers in need. If you are seeking an emergency assistance, you will need to call Page Johnson of Family Services and make an appointment. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. Walk-in applicants are not accepted. Phone number is 704-333-5040 and website is http://www.goodfellowsclub.org/Home.html.
Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte
The Charlotte Housing Authority’s Housing Choice Voucher Program allows low-income Charlotte families to rent an affordable home subsidized by HUD. Once you are approved for the program, you get to receive a voucher which you can use to pay a portion of your rent. You can also join the Self-Sufficiency Program which helps beneficiaries of the voucher program get back on their feet and become self-sufficient on their own, and eventually move out of subsidized housing. Eligibility for the program is based on your income, immigration status, results from criminal background checks, and previous behavior in other assisted housing programs. Phone number is 704-336-5183 and website is http://cha-nc.org/.
Ada Jenkins Center
The Ada Jenkins Center promotes long-term self-sustainability by providing resources and assistance so that clients will eventually be able to stand on their own feet after the crisis has passed. The Crisis Assistance Ministry provides single mother assistance with past due rent or utilities. In order to be qualified for financial assistance, you must be a Davidson, Cornelius, or Huntersville resident, at least 18 years old, and have an income that is at or less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. If qualified, call for an appointment by leaving a message at 704-896-0471 extension 103. Bring a photo ID, proof of Social Security number, proof of income, proof of your urgent need, utility bill, and rental lease. Aside from financial assistance, the center also offers a free medical clinic and dental services. Website is http://www.adajenkins.org/. If you are a single mom, apply for financial help today.
Jackson Park Ministries
JPM aims to improve the lives of distressed low-income families living in Charlotte. The ministry has a Transformational Housing Program that provides affordable housing where residents get to pay a small fee, participate in financial coaching, and attend life skill classes. At the end of the program, the resident can then move on to his or her financially independent life. There are also Children and Youth ministries as well as food and clothing outreach programs. Phone number is 704-392-4981 and website is https://jacksonpark.org/.
Duke Energy offers utility assistance for single moms
Duke Energy has many outreach programs to assist low-income Charlotte customers and single mothers. The Share the Warmth program gives financial assistance for winter heating bills. The Fan-Heat Relief program is a cooling assistance given during the summer months to senior citizens, with priority given to those taking medications. The Cooling Assistance Program helps the disabled and low-income families by providing relief during extremely high temperatures in the summer months. These Duke Energy programs are administered and distributed by its partner agencies. Find the one nearest you to apply. Another program to consider is the Helping Home Fund, which gives a free site visit and home energy assessment. An energy expert will conduct heating and cooling system repairs and appliance replacement in your home, resulting to lower utility bills. To qualify, you must be a Duke Energy customer with an active account and an income of at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. Phone number is 800-777-9898 and website is http://www.duke-energy.com/north-carolina.asp.
Any of the organizations on this list can provide you with temporary financial assistance to help you survive these tough times.
++++ Sponsored links ++++