There are times when everyone needs a little help with life’s necessities. Here you can find assistance for single mothers with food, medical, legal, and other services to save you money.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single moms
There have been changes and additional programs, such as WIC that complement the SNAP benefits. Information regarding Indian food benefits can be found here. You will find applications at this website. Go here to sign up for a variety of services. You can also call 800-372-2022 or reach the National Hunger Hotline 866-348-6749. No one needs to go hungry in America. If you or your family need food contact SNAP.
Delaware Prescription Assistance Program (DPAP)
The objective of the Delaware Prescription Assistance Program (DPAP) is to help pay for prescription medications for the elderly and people with disabilities who cannot afford the full cost of filling doctor prescribed medications.
You may obtain an application for prescription assistance, and any help you may need filling out an application, by calling 800-996-9969, Option 2, then Option 1 to reach a representative who can help you.The application can be found online.
Child Nutrition Program
No child should go hungry and here, in the U.S. there are many services created to ensure that doesn’t happen.
The Food and Nutrition Service administers several programs that provide healthy food to children. Programs include the National School Lunch Program NSLP, the School Breakfast Program SBP, the Child and Adult Care Food Program CFCFP, the Summer Food Service Program SFSP, the Special Milk Program SMP, and the Fresh FruitsVegetables Programs FFVP. Administered by State agencies, each of these programs helps fight hunger and obesity by reimbursing organizations such as schools, child care centers, and after-school programs for providing healthy meals to children.
Delaware Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) for single parents
The Delaware Weatherization Assistance Program works to help low-income single mothers and families install energy efficient improvements in their homes to reduce energy costs and create a healthier and safer household environment.
Each agency subcontracts with private construction and heating contractors to install weatherization controls such as: air sealing, insulation, window and door replacement, and furnace repair and replacement. The WAP operates year round with a waiting list.
To qualify for this benefits program, you must be a resident of Delaware and match eligible income guidelines. Find out more online or call 800-464-4357 for single mother financial help
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for single parents
There is help for low-income single mothers who need assistance paying their utility bill. The Delaware Energy Assistance Program (DEAP) which is funded by the federal government, the Division of State Service Centers (DSSC) administers the program together with Catholic Charities, Inc.
For the winter heating period (October 1 – March 31), assistance may include grants for eligible households to aid paying for home heating, which includes electricity, natural gas, kerosene, propane, wood, or coal. Benefits may be given to renters or homeowners.
In case of crisis during the winter months additional assistance may be granted. Recipients must be income eligible, and demonstrate the household is experiencing crisis (i.e., utility shut off notice, out of fuel, no money to purchase fuel). Find out if you are eligible for help heating your home. You can also call for more information.
Kent County 302-674-1782
New Castle County 302-654-9295
Sussex County 302-856-6310
Are you a single man or woman who not only needs a place to stay but a place to change his or her life? Sojourners’ Place offers comprehensive case management for homeless women and men. Included is shelter, meals, health information or mental health education, in-house drug and alcohol education, training and GED. The shelter can house up to 42 men and eight women at one time and stay as long as they need to complete the training and re-enter the community self-sufficient and with housing. Also, Sojourners’ Place provides services through the Veteran’s Administration. Find out more about Sojourners’ Place or call 302-764-4713.
Make Your Home Energy Efficient
Learn how to make your home toasty warm and draft free in the winter and cool in the summer while you save money on your utility bill at the same time. Even small projects can help save energy. Find out more.
Credit Counseling for single moms
Do you have problems paying your bills? Before you file for bankruptcy, consider other options such as credit counseling or debt consolidation. You may be able to save money and avoid legal hassles. Get help now.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers