Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers assistance in Indianapolis

If you are going through a financial hardship, there are a lot of companies, agencies, and organizations in Indianapolis that are willing to lend out a helping hand. Here’s a list of the institutions you can approach to ask for help in paying your bills: Get single mother assistance today .

Catholic Charities assists single parents

Catholic Charities has a Crisis Office which can help with your emergency or critical needs such as food, clothing, rent, and utilities. There is no need to make an appointment, but priorities are given to those who come in early. Limited assistance is provided, depending on the availability of funds and staff. Phone number is 317-236-1512 and website is  

Southeast Community Services

Southeast Community Services has a Center for Working Families that equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary for a stable job employment. It also has a Senior Center that helps people aged 55 and above and ensures that their basic needs are being fulfilled, including assistance with utility bills. Phone number is 317-236-7400 and website is

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Christ Church Cathedral

The Christ Church Cathedral has a Human Needs Ministry which gives financial aid to those in need, even if they are not members of the church. For rental assistance, bring a copy of your lease agreement and a photo ID. For utilities assistance, bring a copy of the bill. Application must be done in person, and telephone requests are not entertained. A maximum of $50 is released directly to the landlord or utility company, and a person can only receive help once every two years. Phone number is 317-636-4577 and website is If you are a single mother, contact today for getting financial assistance.

Forest Manor Multi Service Center

Forest Manor has a Family Resource Development program which helps low-income families meet their basic needs such as food, rent, and utilities. In order to receive assistance, you need to bring a photo ID, social security number, birth certificate, and proof of income. Phone number is 317-545-1204 and website is

Martin Luther King Community Center

In order to apply for the MLK Community Center’s Energy Assistance Program, visit the MLK Center from 9am to 4pm. For any inquiries regarding this program, you are encouraged to call United Way at 211. You can also take advantage of the center’s career training and coaching. Phone number is 317-923-4581 and website is

Community Alliance of the Far Eastside

CAFE provides financial assistance to low-income residents and single mothers who have winter heating bills they cannot pay for. The organization also provides on-the-job training and coaching to help raise more income for the family. Phone number is 317-890-3288 and website is

Indianapolis Branch of Indiana Legal Services

ILAS provides free legal assistance to low-income single mothers who are in need of legal aid to settle civil disputes. In order to qualify, you must have an income at or below 125% of the federal poverty level, and you must be a resident of the following counties: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby. The office prioritizes women, children, and elderly clients, and handles legal issues such as adoption, custody, divorce, bankruptcy, housing, and debt. Phone number is 317-635-9538 and website is

Concord Neighborhood Center

Concord provides social services to low-income Southside residents and single mothers , with the goal of helping them become self-sufficient in the future. Some of their services are fulfillment of basic needs, job coaching and training, and rent and utility assistance. Phone number is 317-637-4376 and website is

Community Services Department

With the help of Obama’s Homelessness Prevention Fund, the Community Services Department of Indianapolis provides rental assistance, eviction prevention services, and other types of housing aid. Phone numbers are 317-926-4357 and 317-233-1814.

Anna’s House   

Anna’s House has a food pantry called The Lord’s Pantry, which provides weekly groceries, summer breakfasts, community dinners, and financial aid for rent and utilities to families in Stringtown, Indianapolis. This organization also provides financial literacy and ESL classes for free. Phone number is 317-631-5504 and website is

Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic

The NCLC provides free legal advice on bankruptcy, expungement, family law, housing, foreclosure, and immigration issues. As a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, the NCLC can help you resolve your issues with your taxes and the IRS through a free legal representation. Phone number of Civil Legal Advice Line is 1-877-230-7521 and website is


The LIHEAP program provides financial assistance to low-income Indianapolis residents and single mothers for their winter heating needs. You get to receive $50 from the program and assistance with deposits and disconnection fees. In order to be approved, you need to apply at the Community Action Agency in your county. Your income should be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. You need to provide a utility bill, proof of address, and proof of a Social Security Number. Note that there will be a site visit in order to verify your qualifications. The phone number for your local Community Action Agency can be viewed here.

There are a lot of organizations which can help you when falling behind on your bills. If you are a single mother, simply visit any of the organizations mentioned here, check to see if you are qualified, and apply for assistance

Sponsored links