These resources are for single mothers of Kansas. Everyone can use ways to save money. There are programs from the public and private sectors ranging from help with food to credit counseling. All services are free or on a sliding scale fee for single mothers.
Food Assistance for single mothers
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps qualified low-income single mothers with food benefits and education in food preparation and nutrition. The federal name for the program is SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps. In Kansas, the program is known as the Food Assistance Program.
The Food Assistance Program is the largest food safety net in the country. The program provides vital support to the elderly, low-income working households, and to other low-income households that include the unemployed, persons with disabilities and to households transitioning from welfare to work.
Food Assistance Program participants receive benefits on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The EBT card is similar to a debit card in appearance and the way it works as well. Food Assistance benefits can be used to purchase eligible foods in most grocery stores. Benefits can also be used to buy plants and seeds to grow food. Apply for Food Assistance online. To learn more about the program call 888 369-4777 for single mother benefits.
Here are additional resources:
Flint Hills Breadbasket
Kansas Food Bank
Prairie Land Food
Kids a Cookin’
Free Medical Care for single mothers
The Greensburg Family Practice is dedicated to providing quality patient care and improving the health status of the people and the community they serve.
There are sliding scale fee discounts available. The clinic accepts all patients regardless of ability to pay. Fill out the email form and you will receive a response.
call 620-723-2127 for more information about the Greensburg Family Practice.
Legal Assistance for single mothers
Have you been thrust into the middle of a legal matter? Do you need experienced legal advice but you do not have the money for an attorney? Kansas Legal Services can help. Kansas Legal Services (KLS) is a statewide non-profit corporation dedicated to assisting low-income residents of Kansas to meet their basic needs through the provision of essential legal and mediation services. KLS strives to eliminate the causes of poverty and mitigate the effects by helping individuals achieve and maintain self-sufficiency. If you are applying for assistance fill out an application first. Kansas Legal Services gives free or low cost civil legal advice and representation for persons whose income makes them eligible.You can apply for legal assistance for single mothers either by phone 800-723-6953 or at the website.
Free Dental Care
Family Clinic at Gordon Parks Academy
When times are tough, difficult decisions are made regarding what to pay and what will have to wait. Unfortunately, that usually means any healthcare is put off until finances allow. If you need dental work but you do not have the money the Family Clinic at Gordon Parks Academy can help.The clinic provides cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, partials, bridges and dentures. Located at 2201 E. 25th St. N. Bldg. 200, Wichita, call for an appointment 316-866-2000. Read more about services offered.
Prescription Assistance for single moms
Are you looking for ways to save money on your prescriptions? If you are a resident of Kansas, you and your family have access to a statewide Prescription Assistance Program (PAP). The Kansas Rx Drug Card will save you money on brand name and generic medications. There is no cost to use the card and it is accepted at most pharmacies. With this program there are:
- No enrollment forms
- No age requirements
- No income requirements
- No waiting periods
- No eligibility required
- No exclusions
- No claims to file
- No annual or lifetime limits
- No personal information required
- No refusal of coverage for pre-existing conditions
Get your Kansas Drug Card.
Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program (K-WAP)
If your home feels like it loses more heat than it keeps inside weatherization can help. The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program (K-WAP) assists qualified households to save money and energy by improving the energy efficiency of the residence. Both renters and homeowners are eligible for weatherization.
Some common improvements include insulation in the attic, basement or walls, caulking, weatherstripping, air infiltration reduction and repairs or replacement of the primary heating source. The elderly, persons with disabilities or those with at least one child in the home are identified as priority groups.
Weatherization can make your home safer and more comfortable while saving money on your utility bill and using less energy. For every $1.00 invested in the program, weatherization returns $2.51 to the household and the community. Call 800-752-4422 for single mother assistance or find your local weatherization office.
Is your financial life as a single mother spinning out of control? Professional credit counseling can help you find stability. Consumer Credit offers debt counseling and management for no charge, and they can help you make choices that will benefit you for a lifetime. Why live with the stress any longer? Get the financial help you need now or call 800-769-3571 for single mother assistance.
Having a telephone is not a luxury, it is a necessity. Unfortunately, there are some people who cannot afford a phone. Lifeline is a federal program that provides a monthly discount on telephone service. The discount is available to eligible low-income households and single mothers, the elderly and persons with disabilities. Discover more about the program.
The discount is for a wireline (landline) or wireless telephone line.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers